The Virgin Mini Exchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Virgin Mini Exchange

Ok, This is NOT the final list yet but here are the people interested in joining the first WaMP Mini Exchange;

Lizcam
    ScottRadom
    Waghorn41
    Eldintux
    RogerB
    Darklord
    Gluvzer
    italaerei

Here are the rules;

1) Enter by adding your name to the list and where you are willing to send to. I will be making a final list on 1-15-09 that will say who is sending to who.

2) Once the list is up pick 3 (and only 3. No less, no more. No unloading crap minis on someone) minis you would LIKE TO SEE THE RECIPIENT PAINT. (make them stretch a bit. If they normally paint eldar make 'em paint an ork!)

3) Send the minis to your partner (addreses will be PM'd between you and the one above and below you). The minis should be posted NO LATER THAN 15 DAYS AFTER THE FINAL LIST IS POSTED. If you are having issues with getting them out let everyone know as it will effect the start date of the comp.

4) When you recieve your minis post a pic or something in this thread letting everyone know what you've gotten. Then choose one of the 3 minis to paint for the comp. You CAN be part of the exchange and NOT enter the contest, but then you would be a whining girly girly. Or someone like Roger who can't finish a mini to save his life. THERE WILL BE NO SET THEME FOR THIS COMP. Once you have your mini selected you will choose your own theme for the mini. When you post the final pics for the comp please make sure you let us know what the theme of the mini is so we can judge you on that theme.

5) Start painting when the comp is announced. WIP's are encouraged. It will be a normal comp with normal rules and voting other than the fact that you will be choosing your own theme this time around. Enjoy and push yourself.

Tuxie love. Can you please move this to the announcements area and make it a sticky for now? At least untill everyone has their minis.
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Done :) I've also added this to the calendar :)

Comment

3) Send the minis to your partner (addreses will be PM'd between you and the one above and below you). The minis should be posted NO LATER THAN 15 DAYS AFTER THE FINAL LIST IS POSTED. If you are having issues with getting them out let everyone know as it will effect the start date of the comp.

:? Why are two people being pm'd when we are only sending minis to one?
      "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

If I remember corrctly the one above you in the list is sending mini's to you, you'll need their contact details, and the one below is who your sending mini's to, obviously you'll need theirs :)

Comment

Great idea turning this into a competition. Whoever gets me as the sender will get lucky, I juts got a bunch of super cool figs I'm looking to unload.
          "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
          -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

So Tonbo wants to join the exchange as well (Woohoo!!!). Our list now (in no real order) is

Lizcam
            ScottRadom
            Waghorn41
            Eldintux
            RogerB
            Darklord
            Gluvzer
            italaerei
            Tonbo

I'm going to draw names from a hat this time around. I'll save the list so we don't have repeat senders next time. How does that sound?

Comment

sounds good to me :)

Comment

I'm looking forward to this and I love the painting competition idea around the fig. Good idea Liz!

Comment

Why thank you Scott!

Comment

Only a couple of days left to sign up! Any brand new people feel free to sign up if you want. This will be the only one of these exchanges where that will happen. In the future you will have to have been registered for a certain amount of time before you can join the exchange.

I'll be setting up the list tomorrow and, barring any last minutes additions, posting the list the day after.

The last minute you have to sign up will be 2400 pst on 1-14-09 (midnight for those of you who can't tell military time). That's like 8 am to you Brits on 1-15-09 and 3 am to most of you Canadains. Can't be arsed to figure it out for the rest of you but I love you anyway.

I will NOT be accepting any requests for certain partners. I'm putting names in a hat and having my son draw them. You gets who you gets.

As this will be the first ever WaMP Mini Exchange as soon as the list is up you can choose your minis for that person, contact them for a mailing address and send stuff off. I'll allow 14 days for things to get in the post and we'll see when the last of the items arrives for when the contest will be for painting things up. Make sure you let us know what you get (photos encouraged) and when it arrives so I can be more accurate in future exchanges.

If you do NOT send anything you will be banned from future mini exchanges. Any exceptions will be due to death or medical emergency and if you have other issues let me know. I will get with the site admin and we will see what can be done. Just keep the communication open and things should be ok. No communication, no help.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this! Hope you all are too!

Comment

:woohoo: Got my figures today :woohoo:

Comment

Liz-

Having a hard time getting hold of Italerei. Anyone know him outside WAMP and if he's stil active? Or if they have a direct eMail to him? I've PM'd him but no response.

Comment

@Scott
                          Just notice he hasn't been here since Xmas, so I've emailed him. The email his profile is correct so you could contact him that way. I'm hoping he will appear in the next few days :)

Whilst on this subject if anyone notices that someone hasn't appeared since Xmas let me know and I'll try to track them down. Has anyone seen DaN?

Comment

italerei only comes on sporadically, (he lives on an island) you will just have to be patient!

@waghorn, got the stuff thank you mate. more wyrd goodness and i know which i will be painting when we do the ME comp
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

According to coolmini, DaN was last active there on the 15th January.
                              The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

Working...
                              X