Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The year ahead

Hi folks,
    now 2010 is upon us I thought | would just send out some details on what to come this year on Wamp.
    Last year was a fantastic one as it saw our first real year as a regular forum away from our old broom cupboard of a place!) We welcomed plenty of new friends and (hopefully) youll agree it was a sucessful year.
    so whats to come in 2010? Well here is some of the things to look forwrad to:

The sponsored contest continue to grow from 9 sponsors in 2009 to 17 this year. We will be holding contests in partnership with the following companies:

Returning Companies:
    Gamezone
    Gaspez Arts
    Westwind
    Ironwind Metals
    Urban Mammoth

And we welcome some new ones too:
    Scibor Monstrous miniatures
    Kingdom Death
    Kabuki
    Redbox Games
    Minipainters
    Pulp City
    Warlord
    Eolith
    Wargame Miniatures

All these sponsors are putting up some great prizes so its a perfect excuse to get painting.

We will of course continue to run the Wamp monthly and the ladder challenge as well as the seasonal basing contest.

This year will see us moving to new forum software with extra facilities and such as improved galleries and blgo and article features

Hopefully we will have our very own wamp miniature released too as well as an exclusive tie in with Kingdom Death . This will be fully game legal but only available to Wamp members. I will continue to try and secure further wamp exclusive offers from companies out there (we already have special discounts in place with Kabuki and Wargame miniatures)

All this on top of one of the friendliest forums in the hobby where everyones opinions counts regardless of ability,age or whether you like space marines.

Finally we will also see the Little Angels contest come to its climax. Its our attempt to raise as much as we can for Tommy's a baby charity that help prevent stillbirth and miscarriage. So we created the largest ever online miniature painting contest to try and do this with over 1800 worth of prize. There is of now around just under 5 weeks left to enter, so please try and help out if you can. Deadline is 14th Febuary.

Heres to a great 2010!

Thanks,

Brett
    Shop at the Wampstore

Brilliant work as ever Brett... thank you!
    Rent-a-painter at great rates!
    esterhuizensias@gmail.com

Comment

Awesome stuff - lots to look forward to.
      "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
      I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

WAMP is the best. Brett is the Best. This song is the best.

Go WAMP 2010!!!

Comment

Definitely shaping up to be a good year for WAMP , thanks Brett top effort mate !!
          "Painting is so poetic, while sculpture is more logical and scientific and makes you worry about gravity" - Damien Hirst

Comment

Looking forward to these. The comps really helped me push my self last year and i am looking very forward to totally throwing myself into these this year!

Thanks amigo!
            "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
            -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Looks like a lot of good stuff. Looking forward to coming over here and playing some more.
              Wicked Elf Miniatures: My blog
              My Twitter Account: Wicked Elf Minis

Comment

Definitely shaping up to be an incredible year here at WAMP. Thanks for all the hard work, DL!
                To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

Wooot! Can wait for the Red Box game one. I have one already lined up for it.

Comment

Looking forward to a friendly forum 2010!

Comment

Looks like a busy year a head, cool stuff Brett.
                      http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
                      http://irregular-magazine.com
                      http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
                      http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."

Comment

A busy year of painting indeed. A couple of those comps will be big projects for me, the Gamezone one will be a challenge just to get together let alone paint it.
                        Good work on setting all this up Brett.
                        Some people have one of those days, I have one of those lives.

Comment

your welcome guys
                          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Golf clap for you, Mr Lord :)

How's the new forum software coming along?
                            CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                            Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                            You people scare me

Comment

slowly! but not far off
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                              X