Hi from China...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from China...

...only, I'm not Chinese. I live here for domestic reasons.
    My main interests are;
    Soul, R'n'B and Rock music from early-1960's to late-1970's, although I'll occasionally venture into 1980's and 1990's.
    Scottish history up to around 1900.
    I began painting miniatures around 2008 after becoming frustrated by what I saw as a lack of choice from the pre-painted figure manufacturers. Still not great at painting, but find the hobby relaxing and now do mainly 75mm; sometimes dropping down to 54mm, but not too often due to the old eyesight. I prefer to display my collection in the form of small dioramas and there's an entire unit in my man-cave that's given over to my own efforts, quite a few commercially available painted figures and some commissioned examples from St Petersburg, Russia -- I find these inspiring even though I could never emulate the world-class painters who did them..
    Hoping the forum enjoys my posts.
    H

Welcome along. We have a vast breadth of painting skill levels here. from beginners to award winners though most of us are somewhere inbetween. There is a ton of help and advice on here already but feel free to ask for more. Its a really friendly place
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Flashcad View Post
      ...only, I'm not Chinese. I live here for domestic reasons.
      My main interests are;
      Soul, R'n'B and Rock music from early-1960's to late-1970's, although I'll occasionally venture into 1980's and 1990's.
      Scottish history up to around 1900.
      I began painting miniatures around 2008 after becoming frustrated by what I saw as a lack of choice from the pre-painted figure manufacturers. Still not great at painting, but find the hobby relaxing and now do mainly 75mm; sometimes dropping down to 54mm, but not too often due to the old eyesight. I prefer to display my collection in the form of small dioramas and there's an entire unit in my man-cave that's given over to my own efforts, quite a few commercially available painted figures and some commissioned examples from St Petersburg, Russia -- I find these inspiring even though I could never emulate the world-class painters who did them..
      Hoping the forum enjoys my posts.
      H
      I'm new too :) and I'm an émigré also, moving from the UK to Bulgaria :) good music taste, good hobby taste also :) being great at painting is only in YOUR eyes, not what others say, so just enjoy and watch your improvements rather than comparing to others.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by BeardClipper View Post

I'm new too :) and I'm an émigré also, moving from the UK to Bulgaria :) good music taste, good hobby taste also :) being great at painting is only in YOUR eyes, not what others say, so just enjoy and watch your improvements rather than comparing to others.

Cheers!
        Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm sorry if I gave the wrong impression. Like most of us, I do this for myself and my own satisfaction, and am always looking to improve my efforts; sometimes successfully, sometimes not so much. Can't help but be inspired when I see what others can come up with though.

Comment

• Darklord
          Darklord commented
          Editing a comment
          looking to improve its so important in my eyes. I always try something new with each mini and I've yet to paint anything I'm truly happy with

welcome, mate, to Wamp!
        The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

Originally posted by Demonn View Post
          welcome, mate, to Wamp!
          Thanks for that.

Comment

Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkMechanicus View Post
              Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
              More coming up soon...

Comment

Working...
              X