Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy

Hi,
    I'm Boris and have been since I was 11. I'm also called Becky - so yeah, I'm actually a girl with a boys nickname.
    I started painting 3 years ago this Easter (09) and that was seriously the first time I picked up a paint brush since school, when I quit doing Art.
    I've come to really enjoy it, I find it relaxing and it's meant I've met a load of new people (some in real life even!).
    I never gamed before either, so it's all in the same time frame, but since I realised I liked the paint, I haven't actually played a game since. (Despite 3 unbuilt armies in the cupboard).
    I already have an impressive grey army and am planning to not buy any models for a while (I'm trying to hold out till Euro).
    So far I mostly paint fantasy, and my only space marines have been pink (for giggles only, I'm not a pink kinda girl), but I have some historical stuff knocking about waiting it's turn as well.

I'm happy to comment, but feel free to ignore me as I don't really know what I'm talking about :)

See ya round.
    B.
    "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
    I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Heyo! Glad you made it over here. Even with the my whole gender misidentifcation syndrome.
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

:welcome

Glad to have you on this board, B.

I, too, have multiple armies unbuilt and yet I do actually game. I must actually finish something one day.
      The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

welcome to the mad house, all comments are welcomed here, we all just try and help each other out no matter what our skill levels!
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Welcome!
          To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

Welcome B
            "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Again Welcome, Boris. I LOVED your Christmas present videos. Are you going to post your stuff in your gallery?
              Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

lol :) We have family all over, so it seemed like the sensible thing to do. Did you like my cloak? That thing is awesome.

I may get round to putting the photos up, yeah. :)

Comment

I LOVE the cloak. Do you get to wear it much?
                  Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Most of the winter as we didn't have working heating :)
                    I'm going to waterproof it so I can wear it outdoors - it's going to be great for camping in the woods, warm and cosy round the fire.

Just noticed I'm going to have to resize all my images before putting them up, so may take some decent ones for a change at the weekend (well, attempt to) and resize those.

Comment

What is a "girl"? Are they the ones with the bumps? How many points is it worth?

Welcome Boris.. Why Boris? inquiring minds need to know....
                      Will paint for food

http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Kester
                      http://www.richplanet.net

Comment

Once upon a time there was a group of friends with 2 Becky's in it. Both liked to be called Becky, as opposed to Rebecca, or Becca. So they tossed a coin to see who got to keep the name. One won, the other lost. Another girl laughed at the lose and suggested she should be called Boris instead of Becca, as in Boris Becker the tennis player (remember this was the start of the 90's). And so the loser became known as Boris, and to this day she is called it by family and friends - even her grandma writes card to her as Boris, and has recently even stopped writing it as "Boris", and just puts, Boris instead.

The BorisTFrog bit is another story altogether... :)

Comment

my daughter has a puppet story book and he's called Boris and she loves him
                          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                          X