Hi from waghorn41

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from waghorn41

Moved on over from the other site. I'm the old man around here at 54, been painting for about 46 years but not any better for it. Married for 25 years with a very understanding and supportive wife and 5 kids. I enter the competitioons for the fun and the challenge of doing something different. I'm no threat to any decent painter unless they fail to finish.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Hi sweetie. Glad you're here. AND YOU AREN"T THAT OLD!
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Waghorn welcome. AND STOP PUTTING YOURSELF DOWN! Spend a little time round here and you'll be entering the next Golden Demon

Comment

Hey, don't I know you from somewhere else? Where could that be? Hmmm...
        The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

nice to see you again mate, now lets get your painting improved!
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

What does Waghorn 41 signify?
            "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
            -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRadom
              What does Waghorn 41 signify?
              You really want to know?

OK. Waghorn would be my real surname if my father had not been adopted. 41 refers to 1941, the year his two older brothers, both RAF fighter pilots were killed in action. The oldest was one of 'The Few'. So it's a kind of tribute to them - I'm ex-RAF myself. Bet you wished you hadn't asked now. :)
              "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Cool. It's often nice to know why people call themselves what they do!!!

Comment

Cool. No I was genuinely interested. With a handle like Luvstorock6969 it's usually easy to figure what a guy is all about but yours was tricky. Nice tribute!

By way of Name tributes going wrong, and I swear to Baby and Grown up Jesus this is a true story, My wife's friend is married to a guy named Scott Scott.

This dude is from Newfoundland which in Canada means he speaks another crude dialect of english and shaves about 40 points of the national IQ average. He was adopted so his parents named him Scott in a sort of tribute to his dying Prostitute bilogical mother who's last name was Scott.

So he went through the first 18 years of his life name Scott... Myers I think, and then when he turned 18 and they disclosed his adoption to him he went all crazy and had one of them life crisis' that can happen when you're an 18 year old Newfie, I guess.

So he went down and had his surname changed to Scott "In 'onor 'o me dead ma" and his name is now Scott Scott. After being told 100 times by his adopted parents that they named him Scott in honor of his mother he still didn't go for it. It was all Scott, all the time from that day on.

The odd thing is he has NO sense of humor about it. He's a trucker/biker so he deals with a lot of people where it is always conceivable that every conversation may just end with a punch in the teeth and this guy has been arrested countless times for brawls that start when people make fun of his name.

A boy named Sue brought to life. I swear this is a true story and if I wasn't worried about this guy going **** nuts and killing me for telling this much of the story I would google him up and post his actual credentials here.

So, I think your tribute is a nice subtle nod to those who went before you, and I am thankful for your family doing it's part in the Big One to keep my ancestors from taking over the world! Yes, my family were in the SS, Wehrmacht, and I apparently had a great uncle in the luftwaffe as well (Though he was able to find the nice area on the map labelled SWITZERLAND).

Nice to meet you!
                  "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                  -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

you the "old" man here......sweet cakes pardon me for a minute.......Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahah,,gasp :LOL :LOL
                    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

I like you lot, you make me feel young again! :thanks

Comment

HI Scott
                        Woukd you believe my uncles grandfather was German!
                        And there's another twist!
                        In my last couple of years in the RAF I helped restore a Bf109 fighter 'Black 6'. I found out about my uncles much later from a chance remark by my 'grandmother' and subsequent research. Now, the older brother died defending Malta and was shot down by a pilot who went on to command a fighter group in North Africa. The 109 I helped to restore belonged to that unit! Both brothers were shot down by pilots of the same fighter group, based in France. The Malta part was that a squadron was sent to Scicily to assist with the air assault.

Comment

Originally posted by waghorn41
                          ...with a very understanding and supportive wife and 5 kids.
                          5 kids!!! That's more than just "supportive"
                          "...but sorry looks like a primary school project!" - my best review yet! :thumbsup:

Comment

Working...
                          X