Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadening horizons

Hello all

Since a short while ago, I started looking beyond what Games Workshop has to offer (mainly with Warploque Monkey's incredible work as a catalyst), which is how I ended up here. The atmosphere here seems to be very friendly and helpful, and there's plenty of activity.

Also, I recently started my first sculpting project. As there seems to be quite a lot of sculpting going on here, I thought this might be the right place to look for some honest criticism.

I'm currently working on a Skaven army, ordered some miniatures from Alex' Arcworlde kickstarter, and couldn't resist buying the Puppet Wars unstitched box lately, so all of those should eventually make an appearance somewhere on this board. For now I'm just sticking to my sculpting log (which should go further than just additions to my Skaven army soon) here, but my Games Workshop work can be seen over at Warseer. Looking through some of the work here, though, it's getting hard not to order miniatures from all kinds of different ranges immediately...

To be continued in other topics...
    Things I'm working on: Sculpting, Puppet Wars Unstitched, Sapo

Hi Jona,

Welcome to WaMP!

I've recently come to the realisation that I'm not an army painter. I loathe preparing minis and paint very slowly. I've recently moved over to single minis and have picked up a paintbrush for the first time in two years. I can't believe it took me so long to realise I had shackled myself to a narrow interpretation of the hobby that just didn't appeal to me.

I look forward to seeing your work (and mine ).
    I'll be lucky to paint a single figure this year or any other. If I do manage it, no one will be more shocked than I.

Comment

Welcome, Jona. I'm always thrilled when folks discover the broader world of the hobby. It helps feed my addiction. :-)
      Blog: Mini Mayhem - The Blog!

Comment

Welcome to the wampness Jona
        "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

:Wamp:
          The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Long time fan of WHFB myself, until the recent antics forced me away from the game. I never thought I could live without it, but after 2 years I have discovered dozens more games, more ranges of figures to paint and so much more in the hobby. Not only are there plenty more fish in the sea, but they are often better designed and cheaper too. And it's only after playing a few more systems that you realise what a mess the GW games are.

Comment

Welcome to WAMP!

Lots of fun stuff out there in the market beyond GW these days. Hope to see some of your work.

Comment

Thanks all; my first sculping work in progress can be found here already, and I'll be starting the Puppets the next week, which I'm really looking forward to. :)
                Things I'm working on: Sculpting, Puppet Wars Unstitched, Sapo

Comment

Welcome along mate. Plenty of variety here on Wamp (in fact its unusual to find GW figures here!)
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                  X