Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
      You people scare me

Comment

Originally posted by kdlynch View Post
        Depends if the contest is in the water or on land, no? :P
        probably about 4 foot deep so both participants feel at home
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

giving it serious consideration, this becomes a real tough question, actually. gut feeling has me leaning toward shark (i imagine the bear would try to retreat sooner after being seriously wounded than the shark would), but logically can see it going either way. not a 4' pool >i'd< wanna be in, certainly.
          "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
          Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
          sigpic

Comment

I think the bear would have the advantage if it knew the weaknesses of the shark, such as getting it behind the head and it done. But bears prob wouldn't know such a thing since they've never battled before. I think it would come down to that first attack of the shark; it it hit well and got a good bite the bear is done, if it misses or isn;t solid, the bear would have the better counter attack and shred the shark.

Comment

Originally posted by NeatPete View Post
              I think the bear would have the advantage if it knew the weaknesses of the shark, such as getting it behind the head and it done. But bears prob wouldn't know such a thing since they've never battled before.
              But Polar bears tackle seals in the water (they smash through the ice to get at them) so Polar Bears at least are adept at dealing with animals within the water
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Thought this was a great morning email to my buddies and this reply from James was pretty good.

"Wrong pdog! A shark cannot maneuver in 4ft of water. They like to attack from the bottom up so the prey don’t see them coming. A bear would look at that shark like a giant salmon trying to swim through the shallow waters to spawn and fertilize the eggs. The bear would pounce from the top severely slice open the shark with its claws and puncture deep wounds with its grizzly teeth. Do you know how big a friggin Grizzly Bear is? Friggin huge alright. Grizzly would pull the shark from the water and start eating it while it’s still alive. He gets super fat and full on shark, goes to his cave, passes out in a shark coma and farts shark all night. GRIZZLY BEAR DOMINATES THIS BATTLE."
                Last edited by NeatPete; 12-01-2012, 04:58 pm.

Comment

I demand the Discovery channel add this to their next Shark Week lineup! I'm sure there's a few spare bears about they can toss in and see the results. mwahhahahahhahaaaaaa

((This post does not represent the view point of The Wamp Forum, so go take a hike PETA. :P))
                  "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                  Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                  sigpic

Comment

of course a shark can manouver in 4 ft of water - agrument dismissed!
                    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I made it great white vs Grizzly. I personally think 4ft would hinder them both enough to make it interesting, but he's got a point, Sharks like to come from underneath and bears like to sorta pounce on stuff from above, so I think bear has the advantage here. I'm changing my pick.

Comment

I think it depends of the variant of Bear and Shark. Any Bear vs a Great White and I think its over! Oh, and here is a good link Polar Bear vs Greenland Shark and Shark wins! http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/08/15/polar-bear-shark.html

cigar-smoking-tommy-gun-toting-bear-surfing-on-a.jpg
                        lol
                        Last edited by LOBO; 12-01-2012, 05:21 pm.

Comment

Loan shark

Vs. Bear...

I'd rather not speculate...
                          "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
                          "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
                          "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
                          "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
                          "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
                          "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

What type of shark?

What type of bear?

Clearly a dogfish v polar bear match-up would be over fairly quickly, but then so would a red panda v bull shark deathmatch.

If we took, say, a tiger shark and put it in a paddling pool against a grizzly ... I'd have to bet on the grizzly.

How about a grizzly riding a great white against a polar bear riding a killer whale?
                            "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
                            Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Originally posted by LOBO View Post
                              think its over! Oh, and here is a good link Polar Bear vs Greenland Shark and Shark wins!
                              But Greenland sharks are supposed to be very stupid and possessed of an odd fatalism. Eskimos (no, I won't call them Inuits, that's just stupid and has no more accurate meaning than Eskimo) catch them by bunging some rotting seal guts into a fishing hole, waiting for the shark to to turn and then grabbing them by the gills and pulling them out. They don't put up much fight. I presume this would have to be a smaller one though.
                              "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
                              Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Working...
                              X