• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodland Scenics in flames!

Bloody Hell!

http://www.lakenewsonline.com/news/x...area-residents
    Oooh. That's a BINGO!
    This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Yikes... looks like everyone's okay. Here's to hoping for a fast recovery!
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
    sigpic

Comment

oh man.... Thats some scary stuff. Glad everyone got out okay. Great to hear they were prepared and locals all pitched in and helped out.

Comment

Note to self - In the event of fire, do NOT use woodland scenics water effects to attempt to douse said fire.... :06:
        CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
        Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
        You people scare me

Comment

And I always thought it was Vallejo that did Smoke not WS
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

What do you expect if that place catches fire, all those products are just kindling! The city planers should have their license revoked as you can see what the toll is to put out a fire from a company that makes said products. Companies like that should not be in an area were resources are limited.

Comment

Although, looks like there won't be too much of a shortage in stuff, long term ...

Updated from Woodland Scenics:

Dear all,

As you may have heard we have experienced a fire here at Woodland Scenics and there is good news and bad news. The good news is that no one was hurt during the fire or evacuation process. The bad news is that it took out a couple of our manufacturing buildings. However, and fortunately, there is more good news than bad.

We encompass multiple buildings that are spread out all over the town of Linn Creek. We only lost two of those buildings and those two contained just a small portion of our manufacturing facilities. Our shipping department, warehouse and corporate offices were spared any damage, as were most of our manufacturing buildings, so it is business as usual.

Thanks for all your concerns.

Respectfully,

Gale Cousins
              Director of Sales & Customer Service
              Woodland Scenics
              Oooh. That's a BINGO!
              This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

Glad their fire plans were good!

Comment

Nice that they have their business carved up across dofferent buildings. There's an explosives company near here that has 1/4 mile separating their underground bunkers
                  sigpic

Current WIPs: 134 Undead (Mantic) + 46 Elves (Mantic) **the last plastic minis I plan to ever do**
                  Next WIP: Infinity Bakunin

Comment

Glad everyone is ok and that business is not permanently hurt.

hmmm, different kind of forest fire though, isn't it?

(Naturally the only reason I can joke is because everything is mostly allright)

This made me pick up my bottle of water effects and realize that I never would have picked it up and be able to experiment with water effects were it not for this company. Cheapest stuff I could find.

Hopefully they had insurance on those buildings. Might be a blessing in disguise as they can now put better buildings in place depending on if they owned it or not, and the type of insurance they had.
                    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

Woodland Sciences fire update posted on their site: http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/newsletters/go/?id=10&secid=31

Many of you may have already heard that we had a fire at our manufacturing plant in Linn Creek, Missouri on Thursday, January 5, 2012. We have much to be thankful for.

We are most grateful that no one was hurt. Our employees followed evacuation procedures to the letter, getting everyone out of here, accounted for and shutting down power sources.

The Osage Beach Fire Department and several other responding fire departments were amazing. They responded quickly and their professionalism and tireless efforts successfully contained the fire.

The determined cause of the fire was the failure of an electrical motor, and the fire took eight percent of our total facilities. Manufacturing and shipping operations in other buildings continued even as the firefighters fought the blaze.

Several of us returned to work Friday morning to assist with clean-up and get business operations up and running. We took orders and shipped product, and some of us even worked through the weekend to make sure that we were all back to work Monday morning, January 9.

We are so grateful for the outpouring of support we received from our friends and customers. We heard from folks from all over the world. We are very appreciative and humbled by all the encouragement, prayers and offers to help. Thanks again!

We still have some clean-up to do, but we are back to business as usual!

Comment

Working...
                      X