1st Sculpt in Progress..... :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Sculpt in Progress..... :)

Now, I can't claim too much credit in the more recent stages of this... In fact I can only really claim to have provided some of the raw materials at the beginning!

However, after 12 years of marriage, 4 cycles of IVF and 100s of hypodermic needles, I can finally OFFICIALLY say that my wife, Kylie, and I are expecting our 1st baby!! (We did let the peeps that we saw at Euro know, but it was such early stages that we couldn't tell everyone until we were in the clear)

Now, Kylie is just over 12 weeks pregnant, with a due date at the start of May - which will more than likely cause some issues with attending Salute, and possibly Euro, next year, but I couldn't care less right now!

Now, I'd best do the pics or it never happened thing...

(I know that it needs more work on the finer details, but the contrast is good, so nerr! har! har!)
    CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
    Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
    You people scare me

Congrats matey! Welcome to the adventure that is parenthood
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

Congrats man!!!

Looks like a boy to me ;)

Comment

Dude, it's tough but it's the best. The first time they fall asleep in your arms is something amazing.
        "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
        Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Congrats mate, Well pleased for you

btw when you have to buy nappies, bottles, creams, milk supplements and all the other baby paraphernalia can I have you brushes

Comment

Originally posted by shanerozzell View Post
            Congrats mate, Well pleased for you

btw when you have to buy nappies, bottles, creams, milk supplements and all the other baby paraphernalia can I have you brushes
            Of course... they might be a bit, erm, used, by then...
            You people scare me

Comment

You always get loads of contrasts in your colours..that blue rocks.

Many congrats and I hope the little one turns out to be a great mini painter too.

Comment

Huge congrats! Just spent the afternoon with a friend who had their first child less than a fortnight ago, really nice to see how happy they were and hope it all goes the same for you. (I am steadfastly not making a painting based baby comment even though...!)

Comment

Awesome! Very happy for you! I remember being scared out of my mind something bad would happen to my firstborn, but it was a very rewarding experience (and still is!). Two kids 3 and 1 years old, doesn't leave a whole lot of energy, but well worth it :P

Comment

Awesome stuff amigo! Start sleeping now.
                    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Congratulations! That's fantastic!
                      MamaGeekMinis.com
                      "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

Comment

Congrats, boy no.2 is due for us in Feb, 50/50 on salute as I want to work on the HF stand again....

Comment

Congratulations!! Wonderful news. As the father of 4 (the youngest being 11 1/2 months and still not sleeping through the night) I wish you well. Enjoy your sleep while you can!

Comment

Thanks everyone, we really appreciate it.

Ironically, last night was the first really deep night's sleep that either of us has had for over 3 months because of the whole IVF thing and then the alarm didn't go off this morning and so we both overslept by an hour! lol!
                            You people scare me

Comment

Congratulations to you both, lovely news. As others have said enjoy your sleep while you can, parenthood is a wonderful rollercoaster ride and I hope you enjoy every moment of it.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                              Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X