Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Look Ahead at New Homes of 2015

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A Look Ahead at New Homes of 2015

    Just read this article about the model for new homes to be built in 2015 and interesting fact is that they will smaller, no/merged living room, and possibly no hobby room!!!! Which this economy, I guess they are trying to say something to future hobbyist.

    Article Link:
    http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/a-...s-of-2015.html



  • #2
    but are they disable friendly ....... I think not o.O
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

    Comment


    • #3
      I read an article about homes in the UK being on average a third the size of homes in the US. Just be lucky you guys live in a country that isn't still trying to cram more people into an already overcrowded one.
      "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
      Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

      Comment


      • #4
        I was just thinking the same. No living room or formal dining room? Or mud room either, come to think of it?!
        I've got an "average" family sized UK home, by my reckoning, and there's less than 1000 square feet of living space...

        I won't even go into garden size, and don't get me started on how close together the houses are, other than to say that if I run out of toilet roll, I could shout and next door could hand me a spare through the window...

        2400 square feet here would be very nice indeed.
        CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
        Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
        You people scare me





        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cubster View Post
          I read an article about homes in the UK being on average a third the size of homes in the US. Just be lucky you guys live in a country that isn't still trying to cram more people into an already overcrowded one.
          plus british homes are around 30% smaller than they were in 1930.

          New houses are awful and I cant believe people buy them.

          The US just burns energy and goods for fun - they will have to come down to our levels eventually.
          Shop at the Wampstore

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Darklord View Post
            New houses are awful and I cant believe people buy them.
            Hey! I bought a new house last year!

            But I didn't buy one of the tiny ones. I don't know how you could live in some of those - and I do have a hobby room. Well, two, if you could the garage.
            Communications Officer, Azalean Models
            ----
            Making people feel better about their own lead mountains since 2006!
            ----
            "Metal is cheap and very hard, and I can't get the hand drill to go any deeper." - Boris

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Iacton View Post
              I was just thinking the same. No living room or formal dining room? Or mud room either, come to think of it?!
              I've got an "average" family sized UK home, by my reckoning, and there's less than 1000 square feet of living space...

              I won't even go into garden size, and don't get me started on how close together the houses are, other than to say that if I run out of toilet roll, I could shout and next door could hand me a spare through the window...

              2400 square feet here would be very nice indeed.

              To be fair, certain big cities (boston, New York, for example) are the same way. I do agree that we create useless extras in this country, however. If you want a hobby room, use the basement (a necessary commodity around my parts considering we live in a large part of the country dubbed "tornado alley.") or make one room the office/hobby room or something, space can be utilized smartly.
              The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
              Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
              My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
              Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                plus british homes are around 30% smaller than they were in 1930.

                New houses are awful and I cant believe people buy them.
                In fairness we no longer expect to squeeze 10 people into the average home these days though! I bought a new house a few years back and the walls were like tissue paper. Never again. The whole place used to shake when I walked up the stairs, which is no boost to a gentleman's confidence.
                "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
                Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
                  To be fair, certain big cities (boston, New York, for example) are the same way. I do agree that we create useless extras in this country, however. If you want a hobby room, use the basement (a necessary commodity around my parts considering we live in a large part of the country dubbed "tornado alley.") or make one room the office/hobby room or something, space can be utilized smartly.
                  Fair enough, but I live in a leafy village. If I lived in the nearest big town, the equivalent value property would get me about a 1/3 less space. If I were spending the same cash on a place in London I might get lucky and get a one bed flat with a separate kitchen/lounge from the bedroom and bathroom!
                  CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                  Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                  You people scare me





                  Comment


                  • #10
                    oh yeah, America burns through stuff just coz we can. It's terrible. It will be interesting how we respond (or not) to this housing market revaluation and various failing sectors, mainly energy. We are so far behind. It's just amazing how people live beyond their means and consume, consume, consume, and wonder why $hit gets so messed up. Not to mention our political parties and govt. are a mess. We've got some serious changes to make if we are to stay #1. (thats right, I said it)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      298499_300225096660315_100000184812071_1378838_1813206850_n.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If the economy hits the toilet worldwide, we all will be living in one of these spacious shipping container homes, and don't worry because it is highly mobile too!

                        Mary - Container City Urban Space Management.jpgcontainer-city-london-lg.jpgShipping-Containers.jpgshipping container Costa Rica.jpg


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I love the irony about the old British country houses and estates. I had a 'conversation' with a sociology student years back and she held them up as examples of over-priviledge and the selfishness of a single family living in a mansion big enough for 50 people. She celebrated the fact that many of the families can no longer afford to run these homes as they once did and have to sell up or turn their home into museums or a bit of both, sometimes leasing back a few rooms in one wing to live in. I pointed out that a country house and estate supported not only the staff and their families who lived in the main house, but also all the maintenance and groundskeeping staff and their families on the estate, plus all the businesses in the local villages who relied on all these people as their customers. The loss of a single country house could mean 50 or more people homeless and out of work, plus the withering of the local economy.

                          Predictably I was met with quasi-political slogans, dismissal and mild abuse, followed by a hurried exit instead of any form of answer. Its odd that a life in service is seen as a form of slavery these days, with our emphasis on personal freedom and choice over security and lifetime employment, yet the service industry is very healthy and happy to pander to those with the money to pay. Someone can be highly respected as a personal assistant to a super-rich personality, yet if they said they were a valet to Lord Wufflebottom people would look down their noses!
                          "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
                          Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Nuff said
                            redneck mansion.jpg


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Pfft... You people and your small ass countries. I could fit some of your European countries into my backyard. Liechtenstein... indeed!
                              "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                              -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X