World Cup 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2011

Another World Cup kicks off tomorrow (official site link), with England's first game (a toughie vs. Argentina) due at 9.00am (G.M.T.). Just watched a preview I had recorded and wondered if anyone can see past the All Blacks this time?

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Australia's going to win, I feel it in my water.

We go through this every four years with NZ and they always choke.

If Wales can get past SA in the first match they've got a good shout at getting to the semi's this time. If not, we're screwed.
    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
    Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Wales??? Please!

I think it's NZ's to lose

Comment

And they usually do.
        The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

I have a good feeling about the Boks. Seeing the passion in their eyes when 30000 fans turned out to bid them farewell, I think the fire is there to attack and defend like true warriors should!
          Rent-a-painter at great rates!
          esterhuizensias@gmail.com

Comment

One of the tri-nations for me - I do think it will be New Zealand despite them being perennial chokers.
            Englands opener will be a good game as the puma's are a tough team these days (should have let them into the 6 nations when they asked - much better than Italy being in there) Winning that would be a good start to the group which I fancy England to Navigate safely.
            Saffers could do itas could the Aussies - cant see past those 3 really then again England often do better than expected in the WRC
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Thought the first game was a sound victory for the Kiwis, the game was pretty much over as a contest at half time although Tonga frustrated them in the 2nd half. New Zealand were very good at times and have started with a win, always good, and some of their untried (relatively) backs combinations worked well together, the trick will be a continued improvement from here on and not being affected by their media who always seem to demand a 70+ - 0 score line.

Anybody care to make predictions for tomorrows games

Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

I don't much care. Bunch of pain addicted egg chasers if you ask me...

Give me a proper game, like ladies beach volleyball!
                CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                You people scare me

Comment

Scotland & England to win. I think Scotland will walk it but Englands match with be tough.

Comment

"women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Nobody should be surprised at the England v Argentina game today. England have looked creaky and disorganised in their Summer warm-ups and Argentina are a team that is very hard to break down until the last quarter. Never mind the performance, it was a win and you don't get extra marks for pretty wins. England's game is about winning ugly and they've done that.

Hopefully Wales can smash into the Boks tomorrow and get themselves ahead early, because if SA get ahead early in the game we're going to struggle to stay within sight of them. I wish I was confident of the win, but as shaky as SA have been coming into this tournament, Wales have some key players out and even with our best XV on the field it would've been a huge ask to beat the World Champions.

Perhaps I'll fall back on the age-old sanctuary of the Welsh rugby fan, blind optimism.
                      "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
                      Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Well it was a win at least and several players should now be under no illusions about what the tournament is about, thought Lawes had a good game and both scrum halves looked okay. Hopefully they now know how much of an improvement they need to make, particularily around the breakdown. Thought Scotland and France huffed and puffed at times but deserved their wins despite a tough performance from Romania and a spirited 'never say die' attitude from Japan.

Good luck to Wales tomorrow, can't see them knocking the boks over but you never know .

Comment

WG... you are now my most favouritest person in the whole world after that movie clip lmao!
                          Rent-a-painter at great rates!
                          esterhuizensias@gmail.com

Comment

Japan have always been a strange team, the ball needs to be played tight against them because if they get it they will make up for what they lack in weight with their speed.

Would like to think Wales will win tomorrow but part of doesn't think this will be the case at all. Guess we will find out in less than 24 hours.
                            "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

The Springbok runs supreme,
                              Fleet-footed and light
                              Fast, lithe and lean,
                              An awe-inspiring sight,
                              With noble ingenuity
                              He weaves in and out,
                              Sublime sinuosity,
                              The defence in rout,
                              To place the oval ball
                              Behind the hallowed line
                              “Green and Gold” the call,