No announcement yet.

A little thread of sunshine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its my second day of being a non-smoker, and I feel a-ma-zing! I've put together a shopping list of hobby goodies that I'm buying with all the dosh I'm going to save after a month aswell! Yay!
    Rent-a-painter at great rates!
    esterhuizensias@gmail.com

Comment

I went to Covent Garden today and on the way I walked up 193 steps on arthritic knees and didn't have to be taken to the hospital. I even managed to walk around for the better part of 5 hours and Roger didn't have to carry me at all. I'll pay for it tomorrow but I'm really proud of myself. Of course I spent WAYYYYYY too much money but oh well. You only live once.

BTW, I really like Roger.
      Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

I expect full details ;p and colored pictures would be nice too <j>
        Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

Well done Liz, you'll be walking a marathon soon :)

Comment

don't go too crazy you've a whole holiday to enjoy :D glad u guys r having fun
            "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
            I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by lizcam
              I went to Covent Garden today and on the way I walked up 193 steps on arthritic knees and didn't have to be taken to the hospital. I even managed to walk around for the better part of 5 hours and Roger didn't have to carry me at all. I'll pay for it tomorrow but I'm really proud of myself. Of course I spent WAYYYYYY too much money but oh well. You only live once.

BTW, I really like Roger.
              Uh, are you already in England? I've been away from the forum for too long, it seems.

Covent Garden...So much memories...I went to England 17 years ago. I lived in Bromley for a month and we used to went to London every weekend. I was 16 at that moment, a terrible age in England. You had to pay adult tickets for almost everything including transport but you were not allowed into pubs or things like that (unless you were a girl, of course).

I've got great memories from that month and great frineds too.
              A Modeler in Paradise

Comment

congrats on not smoking springbok - i gave up just before christmas and havent looked back - out on the bike now getting fit aand its great not been out of breath. to help me i saved the money i would have spent on cigs up until i had enough to buy myself the ps3 - something i wanted but couldnt afford otherwise - had a jar in the kitchen and physically put the money in there - a great motivator
                @Liz - glad your holidays going well , we like roger too.(usually!)
                @Donna - not too much detail in the photos i hope!
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Did I mention I'm painting figures from the 70's, 80's and 90's - shear heaven.

Just finishing a Ral Partha Djinn

Comment

so one with big trousers , one with big hair and one with big glow sticks
                    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord
                      so one with big trousers , one with big hair and one with big glow sticks
                      :twisted: watch it BoyToy........those were the decades I was giving witches a trashy name.....and I was a true Flower Child just a hell of a lot cleaner ;) :P
                      Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

hey - i was born in the 70's grew up in the 80's and raved like mad in the 90's! i like em all.
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

oh yes! Sweet Goddess thank you for younger men ;)

Comment

and i like older women! grrrrrrrrrr
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Calm down you two. This is a family site :)

Comment

I totalled me car the last week! No injuries, the "safest" crash you could imagine. The Insurance company totalled it out, wrote me a check and sold me the wrecked car for $515. I posted the car on craigs list and sold it in 3 nights as is for $1600!! Easiest 11 hundo I've ever made.

Now I either can get a new car (I really don't need one, I ride the bus to work everyday and I live with my g/f who has a car) or maybe save a couple months for a down payment on a house? Not sure what to do yet but I made out pretty well by crashing the darned thing. I do miss my bumping stereo though
                                :( It was the car I had in college and we sooped it all up like in fast and furious. Fun as hell to drive but I'm a bit older now and felt a bit lame driving that thing still. So long Integra!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X