Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The walking dead

Evening

I'm not really into comics or graphic novels a great deal, must have read maybe 2 in the past. On a whim I picked up the walking dead graphic novel the other day and must say that I'm loving it. I'm quite taken with the whole zombie film thing and this is proving to be as good. You can read the first one here -

The Walking dead

The first season of the show was fantastic- can't wait for the next season.

*holding off on zombie nitpicks...barely*
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Comment

I agree the first second was amazing. Interestingly the novels are upto No 81, whilst the first 2 tv episodes are covered in the first novel. I think they have some material for a few more series to come!

Comment

Plus, the show diverges from the comic every so often. So they are different enough that if you have read the graphic novel, it may not go where the show is heading.
        Be Seeing You!

sigpic

Comment

And as if by magic an ad for the very novel appears above !!
          watched the first part of series one and not too bad. Not True Blood good but has potential certainly.
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I've not had the walking dead banner appear yet. Also, I've not seen True Blood, I take it that it's worth watching?

Comment

Originally posted by megazord_man View Post
              I've not seen True Blood, I take it that it's worth watching?
              it's my favourite Tv show right now. Has a real Tarantino feel to it and it features an oscar winner and british actor - always a winner!
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Sounds good, I'll have to try and find it on sky somewhere. Is it running right now?

Comment

Originally posted by megazord_man View Post
                  Sounds good, I'll have to try and find it on sky somewhere. Is it running right now?
                  Its on FX (and FXHD if you have it) think they are showing some of the older ones too (current one is series 3) I think channel 4 also shows the re runs
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I love the walking dead. I've read all the novels but the last 2-3 i think. The show is pretty good as well. Not as good a s the graphic novels, but still better than most of the crap on TV. The art is fantastic, and the suspense is great.

i used to watch Trueblood, but that dude calling her "Suki" in that stupid Elvis voice drove me nuts. (and I stopped getting HBO or w/e) But it is a hot show.

Comment

I've managed to pick up the large book (think it has novels 1 through 41 or so) and I'm trying to catch to you NeatPete. Actually it's good that the novel and tv show diverge as you get two pieces of pie :-)

Thanks for the info DarkLord - I'll try and catch it in the week.

Comment

Channel 5 coming soon. So good!
                        CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                        Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                        You people scare me

Comment

Originally posted by Iacton View Post
                          Channel 5 coming soon. So good!
                          I watched on the syfy channel (I think) some time ago and will be watching it again as it is so good!

Comment

It was on FX previously, I had it series linked, but then the Sky box fritzed out and lost everything...
                            CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                            Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                            You people scare me

Comment

Originally posted by Iacton View Post
                              It was on FX previously, I had it series linked, but then the Sky box fritzed out and lost everything...
                              Its just catching up after the mid season break (stupid term) I think this week or next is the new episodes mate.
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                              X