6 Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Nations

Starts tonight with England heading to a Partisan Millenium Stadium.

Whos gonna win? Can Wales suceed without Gavin Henson :fret

Can England be victorious without half the team?

Is the influx of foreigners to the Top 14 going to affect France's depth of Squad?

Which Irish and Scottish teams will turn up? The good or the bad?

Will the italians win a game?
    Shop at the Wampstore

Well Wales are not without their share of injuries as well, I missed the team list when it was put out yesterday but I know they don't have a few people they would have liked to have had in key positions besides premadonna Henson.

Should be an interesting match, especially if the trian strike is still planned to go ahead!!
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

The last few French games were quite horrific, especially a heavy trashing at home against Australia. A lot of people saying it's not going to be France best tournament. We'll see...
      My Blog

Comment

I reckon the French and the Irish are going to be the teams to beat. We have a new captain so that might put a positive spin on things for us tonight.

Comment

Could be a corking game tonight. If England can front up early on and withstand the atmosphere they could do well. If (big if) they can win this game they could do really well as I think they have 3 home games following tonight. Wales will be feeling the pressure after recent defeats but playing in Cardiff is always worth alot.

France are anyone's guess, apparently their coach has taken a more 'hands on' approach (whatever that means) with the team this time around. Good early results could give them confidence and see them do well, but of course you never know which French XV will turn up from one match to the next. That said I think Scotland will find it tough in Paris, although I hope they do well.

I think Ireland will be too strong for Italy who will have a new half-back pairing, could be a stroke of genius or devastating.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
          Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Ah my favourite time of the year again, the six nations!

Should be a cracking game tonight, Wales V England, underlights, both teams desprate to start well, vocal crowd, what more do you want?

Italy V Ireland tomorrow doesn't have the same bite but should still be a good game. I think we will have more fire in the back line to beat the Italians, but I'm very worried about our scrum. Its the weakest in the competition and the Italians know how to scrummage. If we don't at least get an improved proformance from that platform it might be no good that we have the better backs. A big boost for the team is that O'Driscoll, Sexton and Heslip have all signed new contracts to keep them in Ireland and the emergance of Sean O'Brien as a serious beast of a man at number 8. Also I'm expecting a big competition from a lot of the older players (O'Gara et al.) as it is more than likely they will retire from international rugby after the world cup this year and they will want to go out of the six nations with a bang.

France V Scotland will also be a great match. Who knows what France will do, but I suppose that is the beauty of the French, they can be amazing or they can be awful they are very rarely just good. I'm tipping Scotland as the dark horse this year, I think Robinson is an amazing coach and they will cause other teams problems, but maybe France in Paris might be a hurdle too high.

Right predictions guys? For the first weekend I'm going with England, Ireland, France
            My Blog: http://thepaintingpauper.blogspot.com/
            My CMoN Gallery: http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/paintingpauper/

Comment

That was a good game. was getting nervous in those last 10 minutes, I thought England made a few too many mistakes and suprised at the Welsh Dominance in the scrum.
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I enjoyed it. You could tell that both sides felt nervous becuase of some of the scrappy play but England marginally less so.

Comment

Yep good game, had a bits of flair, aggression and tension at the end, thought we were defensively naive at times but also thought Wales surprisingly lacked a spark in attack (mainly due to Philip's poor distribution). I didn't think Wales were that dominant in the scrum, although it's becoming a bit of a lottery with how its being refereed at the moment - either that or they're going to have to teach hookers how to hook again . Overall I thought we controlled the pace of the game at vital times and I was pleased with the forwards general play, particularly Woods on debut and Hartley and also think Toby Flood is coming of age in controlling moves and directing traffic. Onwards and upwards as they say, Italy next at HQ which'll be another good test at the set pieces.

Really looking forward to the France vs. Scotland game later on.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                  Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

I thought Wales recycling got really poor and the passing was just flat, it was closer than England should have let it be though, I am not sure England will feel hugely pleased with the result - their defence was excellent and so I'd have expected them to get a lot more points up front. Then they went seeking penalties and brought Wilkinson on when I'd rather have seen them keep ball in hand; it seemed so old fashioned. Still there were some good performances from the new blood. Wales were looking a bit rusty and without inspiration.

I don't think the Irish game will be very good - Italy occasionally have a bit of flair but its not really consistent. France and Scotland should be interesting, France should win if they bring their A game.

Comment

I wasn't convinced that Wales should have even bothered coming out of the dressing rooms, a lot of the time they acted as if they didn't want the ball.
                      "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Ah, sorry. Handegg thread... I'll get my coat...
                        CMON Gallery / Me on Putty&Paint/ Wamp Gallery / Black Hand Painting Blog
                        Originally posted by TheProdigalGamer
                        You people scare me

Comment

Odd shape balls are the best.

I enjoyed the French game, they played some really nice fluid rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Sprout View Post
                            Odd shape balls are the best.
                            must not comment.....!!

Looking forward to todays game, I fully expect and England victory but would be nice to put in a good performance ahead of the next match
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

It was a good performance, a little careless when they thought they had won and switched off a bit but can't blame them that much with the score line. Martin Johnson actually smiled and several pigs flew over the stadium as a result so that probably distracted the players.

The Welsh game was good.

Comment

Working...
                              X