The Second Annual Wampies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Annual Wampies

As Scott is busy he has asked me if I would look after this event. So, sit back with a drink and some munch and ponder who you would like to see win in each of the categories. Once you've decided please pm me the categories and your nominees for them.

Here are the categories:
    -Most improved
    -Best painted contest mini
    -Most fun theme entry
    -Best thread
    -Favorite contest
    -Most helpful member
    -Best post
    -Best personification of wampness
    -Most insane member
    -Best contribution to the hobby
    -Best winge on Wamp
    -Most abstract thread/reply
    -Best Thread Hijack

You may vote until 31st Jan after which I will do the number crunching and announce the winners of each coveted title.

It doesn't matter how long you've been a member, or how active you've been on the forums - every vote counts and is appreciated.

Remember this is for the people on Wamp, a separate ceremony to the Wamp Oscars.

So, thinking caps on guys and girls I'm looking forward to seeing all your votes.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

bump - just to get some more votes in
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

ok folks we're halfway through the month and votes are a little thin so hit those keys and let's see who you think deserves the various titles

Comment

I'd forgotten about these! Votes incoming soon...

Comment

Looks like Wag and I are playing keepie-uppie on this PM your votes to the Wagster as soon as you can

Comment

Originally posted by shanerozzell View Post
            Looks like Wag and I are playing keepie-uppie on this PM your votes to the Wagster as soon as you can
            Yeh, what he said

13 days left to vote - get those pm's moving !

Will the wag still be the personifaction
            Who will be most insane
            What was really the best thread hijack
            the answers to these and many other questions will be answered soon - if there are votes in each category

btw if there is a tie the wag wins ok? - no really I'll put it to a second sudden death poll

Comment

PM sent Wag.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
              Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

9 days to go !

get rid of the apathy and send apmtowagy

come on, my inbox is feeling lonely

you don't have to vote in each category, but please vote for some

Comment

How about taking the votes you've got so far and treating them as nominations? Then all you need to do is put up a few polls and get people to vote. I reckon it would be a lot easier to do that than have people individually dredge up answers for each category and if it's going slowly that might give it the kick it needs to get a bit of interest. Also it makes people feel good to know they got nominated even if they didn't win
                  "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
                  "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
                  "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
                  "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
                  "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
                  "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

How on earth can I have missed this thread so completely?
                    I'm working on my votes as we speak! Thanks for bumping :)
                    MaGie Miniature Painting Blog
                    MaGie Facebook page :)

Comment

BUMP ! BUMP ! BUMP ! BUMP !

I don't believe it, only 6 people have voted so far. OK folks weekend coming up, get those nominations in. Closing date is Monday 31 Jan midnight UK time - though I'll probably be asleep so you can safely add a few hours on that before I get round to doing the sums.

Pretty please?

Comment

I'm sure I already voted - or did I dream that?
                        "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
                        I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

It's ok you're one of the few that has voted, so thank you very much for taking the time

Comment

ok cool, I didn't dream it. That's a relief.
                            "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
                            I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

WOO!

DL got the notification of ending contests up and running! I had no idea that this was going on. :D

I'll try my damnedest to get something in for every category. However I've not been here long enough to really have an opinion on all of these categories...
                              www.WarCastStudios.com
                              www.terrainthralls.com
                              https://www.twitch.tv/thebugking
                              https://www.instagram.com/thebugking1/
                              http://thebugking.deviantart.com/

Some fun places to visit!

Comment

Working...
                              X