"Shuddup, we know you can play!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Shuddup, we know you can play!"

(Bonus points for anyone that knows where that quote is from)

I've noticed that there's a few of us that are into 'good' music, and was wondering if anyone else plays an instrument?

Being tortured artists and all that, we tend to have similar expressionist hobbies, so don't be shy and post up!

Yes, even if you played the Kazoo once at a party! :D

"I got two turntables and a microphone" and while its not quite a musical instrument... I can make some fun sounds with them, and enjoy mixing tracks and trying to scratch. My prize mash up is Fleetwood Mac "Dreams" and Dead Prez "Hell Yeah".

No clue on the quote though.

Comment

Cool, another Dj/turnatablist here too. What you rockin, Pete?

I got a pair of Stanton Str8-150's and a cheap but oh-so-doody Behringer digital mixer in the studio. I only ever use one deck though these days unless i'm juggling, as I mostly just use it for live scratch overdubs on some of my choonz.

I'll have to get a pic up in a sec...

Thar ye go. :P

Last edited by Orki; 27-10-2010, 05:51 pm. Reason: Speelign

Comment

Play the guitar; that's about it.
        To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

A positively enthusiastic response there, Hinton!

So whaddaya play? What you got etc? Just don't say an Encore, please no...

Comment

play at the guitar & keyboards.

currently have an Alverez acoustic 6 string, and an Aria Pro TS-600 electric, for guitars. For keyboards, am down to a technics pr-305 (love the keyboard action on it, but the rest is is meh) and a Siel DK600 that's in need of a new power supply.
            "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
            Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
            sigpic

Comment

I played the trombone in 6th grade for about 3 weeks. These days I just play the air drums...

Comment

Originally posted by kdlynch View Post
                play at the guitar & keyboards.

currently have an Alverez acoustic 6 string, and an Aria Pro TS-600 electric, for guitars. For keyboards, am down to a technics pr-305 (love the keyboard action on it, but the rest is is meh) and a Siel DK600 that's in need of a new power supply.
                Funnily enough, this thread was inspired by your efforts KD. Pics!

Well, that and mine and Undaves argument about Jimi and Eric! :D

Comment

I play keyboard/synth/organ, LOVE to mix on my Technics 1200's (with additional twin CD players, thru my tasty Vestax mixer )

Ive done the levels for a few minor bands at gigs too, although this was not enjoyable, and subsequently led me to choose working in construction rather than do music engineering for a living

Comment

I've got a pair of Tech 1200s Mk2s? I think is the version. I bought them new in like 99-2000. For a mixer I have a Pioneer Djm600. Love the low/mid/trebble/gain controls and the crossover variants, but my whole effects chamber/sampler doesn't work anymore!! :( Oh well, I really don't jam out that much anymore. When I do it's either hip hop and I'm scratching/juggling or if I feel like mixing, I have banging house tracks from that time erra, Franky Bones, Donald Glaude, DJ Dan type of stuff.

Mostly now they just collect dust and play classsic records I find at garage sales for $1. and my g/f likes it when I play reccords when she's cooking.

I do enjoy mashing classics with modern stuff though. Its cool when your listening to a song and have that realization, "this would lay on top of this so perfectly" and you then you put them on the platters and get em matched up. Thats pretty fun.

I'll try and get a pic tonight. but here's the mixer I use.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                      These days I just play the air drums...
                      Aint nothing wrong with that!

Comment

DJ's aplenty here so far.

Classic mixer those DJM's man. :) Not a fan of em myself but there you go. Same as the 1210's, no matter what comes along that surpassed them, at least you know where you stand with them. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                          I played the trombone in 6th grade for about 3 weeks. These days I just play the air drums...
                          You need some of these!

http://www.firebox.com/product/1162/...ticks?aff=1108

Comment

Originally posted by orki View Post
                            nice!

Comment

lol... is there any of us without one or more technics sl1200mk2s? lol
                              "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                              Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X