Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who is the greatest person to ever live?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who is the greatest person to ever live?

and why?
    Shop at the Wampstore

The very first animal to be considered "modern man" as none of us would be here if he/she hadn't evolved.
    The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

oooh good one (unless your a creationist!!)
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Marley!

For things like;

Bringing warring nations together:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKp670Yh0E0

Preaching about peace, love and understanding. Bringing international attention to 3rd world problems. And having a deep belief that things can be changed.

Amazing lyrics such as:
        "That until there no longer
        First class and second class citizens of any nation
        Until the colour of a mans skin
        Is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes -
        Me say war.

That until that day
        The dream of lasting peace,
        World citizenship
        Rule of international morality
        Will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued,
        But never attained -
        Now everywhere is war - war."

And saying stuff like this lol
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQIoypuPQgs

And just generally making amazing music. (As well as giving Reggae a worldwide audience.)
        Who doesn't like Stir it Up, love songs don't get much better than this!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLnq_tZf3eQ

He really is a Legend.

Peace and love...

Comment

T E Lawrence; scholar, author, archeologist, soldier. He tried to do the right thing, and kept on even when the establishment was against him.
          "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Oh man. Tough.

I am an uber capitalist. I think from the sounds of things if you know Matthew then do a complete 180 and that's me. My hero's are the ones who go out and get 'er done, playing for all the marbles and really competing on the global scale. The guys who make a plan, set a course of action, and then actually DO it.

The Bill Gates' of the world, y'know. The guys who believe in what they have to offer and score great success on an epic scale. I love money. Money is awesome! Anyone can become financially succesful if they put the time and effort into developing themselves and igniting their own passion for success on whatever level they choose.

We only get one shot at this world and I can't fathom the personality type that is willing to "settle" for anything, economic or otherwise.

I am a completely happy and satisfied person bordering quite heavily on being an egomaniac but it's mainly because at the end of every day I can look at myself and know I went out there and tried for myself, my family and our future.

After proofreading this, I think it makes me sound a bit of a prick. Might not be too far off though. Maybe my favorite person is me?
            "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
            -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Wow. Loaded question. Hmmm........

Ben Franklin

Inventor, Scholar, Author, Mover of world events, true father of my counrty (he was the one who made sure the "names" did things right and the "right" men got the right jobs). He might have been a rogue but he was the biggest influence on modern history there is. He just doesn't get the credit for it because he made sure his name wasn't out front.
              Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

it is tricky, i think Elizibeth the 1st has to be up there for me.
                1. she showed women could do a mans job.
                2. her reign helped shape half the world and make it what it is.

another contender would have to be however Ghandi whom my grandfather actually met during the war (there is a photo somwhere)
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Jervis Johnson ..................

but, really Johannes Gutenberg, inventor of the mechanical printing press because he bought literature to the masses, kick starting the renaissance
                  Oooh. That's a BINGO!
                  This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerB
                    The very first animal to be considered "modern man" as none of us would be here if he/she hadn't evolved.
                    Sounds like my brother-in-law, he's regressed now though.
                    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Having seen the thing on TV recently I'd like Arthur Stanley Eddington to get an honourable mention. He fought against prejudice during a time of hatred to ensure a German scientist's theories got a fair hearing. At the same time, defending his own religious beliefs of pacifism at a time of war. Without him, Einstein's knowledge may not have been shared with the world.

...plus, he was played by David Tenant!

Others on the list are Martin Luther King Jr, Eddison and Anne Wood.
                      "...but sorry looks like a primary school project!" - my best review yet! :thumbsup:

Comment

It really depend on what you classify as the greatest:

Without Einstein then a lot of our technology would be here!
                        Without Columbus the America's wouldn't have been discovered and therefore the worlds most powerful nation (and it has produced a lot of good) wouldn't be the same.
                        There are those who fought for human rights: Martin Luther King, Ghandi, Nelson Mandella.

I don't think I can give one, but if I had to being a mathematics/scientist I'd go for Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                        X