A WaMP Recipe index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roger ..how are you with mushrooms?
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

I've been thinking about one of these for a while but Undave mentioned there was one buried deep down in the depths. I forgot my threadromancy card but oh well.

I like to think I know how to cook things but I'm mostly good at cooking the same few meals so more ideas are always welcome.

Today I made chocolate flapjack/shortbread (it's called shortbread but its closer to a flapjack).

8 oz margarine
      8 oz sugar (caster or granulated, doesn't matter)
      8 oz plain flour
      5 oz porridge oats
      2 oz cocoa powder

Melt down the marge in a pan on the heat or in a bowl in the microwave. If you use the microwave be sure to use half power so not to burn it.

Add in the cocoa powder first, followed by everything else. This gives the chocolate more time to meld with the marge and get everywhere. Mix together. Should form a sticky chocolate brown oaty concoction that is edible right from the off. Withstand temptation and put it in the oven in a slightly greased small-medium baking tray. The mix should be 2-3 cm deep.

Oven should be at 180C for approx 10 minutes. Or if you are like me and have an Aga, Roasting oven for 5 mins and baking oven for 7.

Pull it out and cut while warm. Edible instantly with ice cream or if any survives long enough to go cold, good for a chocolatey snack whenever you get the craving for it.

I have a few others in my locker (Burgers, Cheesecake, Smoothies and Steak are my main ones) but they can wait for now while you all go off and make chocolatey goodness.
      Last edited by Brambleten; 27-01-2014, 07:29 pm.
      The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

I don't like a lot of the supermarket buns, I find them a bit sweet. So I usually put together a flatbread and use that instead.

1. Take a cup of self-raising flour.
        2. Mix it with half a cup of water.
        3. Add spices - oregano, thyme, lemon myrtle, whatever takes your fancy.
        4. Roll the lot into a dough.
        5. Cut into portions and flatten.
        6. Pan-fry on high heat, 2 mins either side.

Comment

Perfumed Lamb

About 2 lb of either scrag end of lamb or neck of lamb. (Realy any lamb on the bone will do at a pinch)
          Put it in a large sauspan and cover with water, add a good handful each of cardammom pods and black pepper corns.
          Bring to the boil and then simmer VERY slowly until the liquid has reduced to just a few spoonfuls of thick juice. (This will be about 3 hours.) Scoop off the peppers and cardammoms if you like. (Personally I think they add to the flavour.) Serve with whatever rice and stir-fry veg you like.

The smell will drive you bananas, but it's worth it!

It works even better with goat meat if you can get it.
          My own opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick a number, get in line and kiss my ass

Comment

Oooh! Recipes! Thanks for the wacky cake recipe- I'd forgotten that one! Here, I'll contribute my favorite pie. It's an easy one!

Chocolate Chess Pie:

2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened baking chocolate
            1/2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter
            1 cup sugar
            2 eggs
            1 tsp vanilla

Melt butter and chocolate over low heat, add sugar, eggs and vanilla, mix completely and pour into pie crust. Bake 350 F (177 C) for 35 minutes.

pie crust
            1 1/2 c all purpose flour
            1/2 c shortening
            1 tbs unsalted butter
            1 tbs sugar
            1/2 tsp salt

The secret is in the use of a pastry cutter. Cut the unholy heck out of it!

Comment

Working...
            X