Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The main cast for the new Star Wars film has been announced. Linky to Empire
    The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

Originally posted by Brambleten View Post
      The main cast for the new Star Wars film has been announced. Linky to Empire
      Was shocked to hear the old crew were willing to come back, until I remembered they wouldn't have to deal with Lucas which apparently can be quite a pain.
      The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
      Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
      My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
      Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

Plus, why turn down what will almost certainly be a good pay day with the view to more work in the franchise?

Even if everything with it goes pear shaped, it can't be as bad as Episode 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Brambleten View Post
          Plus, why turn down what will almost certainly be a good pay day with the view to more work in the franchise?

Even if everything with it goes pear shaped, it can't be as bad as Episode 1.
          Ummm.... actually I can think of several ways it can go much more south than that......

Fortunately (and despite what I am reading on the internet) Disney DOES actually know what they are doing most of the time.
          The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
            Fortunately (and despite what I am reading on the internet) Disney DOES actually know what they are doing most of the time.
            hmm do they though? Lone Ranger was a massive flop and the last sci-fi film John Carter was an even bigger flop.

Problem with Disney is they care more about moulding everything into their image (like GW do) and less about content
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Hey, John Carter is a great action Sci Fi. It was just marketed poorly. Very underrated IMO.

Comment

I managed 30 minutes then had to turn it off
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Going to have to agree with brambleton about john carter: it was underrated and over criticized. The books they are modelled after are far superior, but that is almost always the case with these things.

Comment

Just finished Enders Game. Can't understand why it got so low of reviews, it was an excellent film that stayed almost completely true to the book, even if they did have to cut out nearly two thirds of it. They did do a decent job picking what they needed to keep.

All in all a great movie, but I suspect it won't be for everyone.

Comment

John Carter Sucked. Enders Game also Sucked. Mediocrity must not be heralded as excellence!
                      "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                      -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRadom View Post
                        John Carter Sucked. Enders Game also Sucked. Mediocrity must not be heralded as excellence!
                        Your opinion has been noted.... as an opinion. Both were good, in mine. Clearly we have different tastes.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
                          Your opinion has been noted.... as an opinion. Both were good, in mine. Clearly we have different tastes.
                          Nope, I'm right. I win. Radom always wins!
                          "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                          -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Up until the point I throw a shiny mini over that way for you to chase, then continue talking about what I was talking about uninterrupted. :P

Comment

Wife. Is that you?

Thought i married Mrs Right, turns out its Mrs Always Bloody right
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

​Robocop

If you haven't seen the original, this might be a decent action flick. If you've seen the original, this is a pile of wank and you will quite probably wonder to yourself why the hell you are watching it. Along with "this isn't as good as the original". Multiple times.

Comment

Working...
                                X