WW2 1942 crashed plane found in desert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WW2 1942 crashed plane found in desert

Quite something to find a preserved plane like this from WW2..found a couple of months ago in Egypt, the British Embassy are going to try and find the pilot's remains.

Interesting (and sad) story.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18038650

Fascinating innit? It's pitiful really, thinking of one lonely death so long ago, but there must have been plenty of those in the desert war alone.
    "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
    Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

Indeed, one of many, I think it really brings it home when they give the personal account like that. It's like a timewarp as the article said, so very strange.

Comment

great story, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Been following this on one of my aviation forums. Pilot's identity not yet confirmed and even though the wreck is remote various items have already been removed...

Hoping a swift and secure recovery can be made and hopefully some clue as to location of pilot.
          "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Working...
          X