X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Junior Seau

R.I.P. Junior Seau
    LINK:

I wish you could have won one with the PATS!

Junior-Seau-sign-with-Patriots.jpg

Former NFL linebacker Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday morning at his Southern California home. He was 43 years old.
    The ex-linebacker's girlfriend found the NFL legend with a fatal shotgun wound to the chest. The San Diego Union-Tribune reports that police received a call to 911 at 9:35 a.m. reporting a possible suicide, per Oceanside police Chief Frank McCoy. Officers found Seau in a bedroom with a gunshot wound to the chest, and efforts to revive him were unsuccessful. Reports indicate that a handgun was found by Seau's side.

Seau, a 12-time Pro Bowler and 6-time First-Team All-Pro, was selected fifth overall in the 1990 NFL draft after an outstanding collegiate career at USC. He played with the San Diego Chargers through the 2002 season, spent 2003-2005 with the Miami Dolphins, and then signed with the New England Patriots in time for the 2006 season. In New England's perfect regular season of 2007, he played in all 16 games and started four. Seau first retires after that season, only to come back and play in 2008 and 2009 before finally leaving the NFL for good.
    Last edited by LOBO; 02-05-2012, 09:19 pm.

Always Sad when someone young dies in tragic circumstances.

Comment

Shame, he was a standout LB.

Comment

I feel bad for his kids!

Way to take the easy way out Jr...

Comment

San Diego is in shock, he was our homeboy ..... he didn't let his Ego go to his head, helped a lot of kids........ R.I.P.
          Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

RIP fella. though it sounds suspicious to me, if he had a handgun how come it was a shotgun wound? ANd why the chest you would go for the head.
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I think the gun being specified is a bit of an oversight as its not mentioned on some channels.

Suicides shooting themselves in this way is not that uncommon, interestingly there is some speculation he did it in line with some of the other NFL suicides who were in action with the NFL over brain injuries, to preserve his brain, but that's probably junk conjecture (one player did this and left a note to say he had shot himself that way for that reason).

Comment

Working...
              X