I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK!

If anyone's been wondering why I've been a bit quiet for the past few days (or even noticed) the reason is that I've been on a chainsaw proficiency and tree felling course. It's punishing hard work and it's really driven home how unfit I am but it's been tons of fun and I've learned loads in just four days. I can strip and rebuild a saw, keep the chain sharp and fell small trees with a variety of cuts depending on the situation and then sned them (remove the branches.)

Here's me with my first kill

I've got one day left on the course to do awkward cuts on leaning trees and practice getting them unstuck when they get tangled up in other trees.

Tiiiimmmmbeeeeeerrrrrrrr! (apparently you really do have to shout that.)
    Attached Files
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

awesome. Any class sections on zombies?

Comment

meanie, what did that tree ever do to you ;p ............... looks like you're having fun ......... hows your tan ?
      Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says " oh crap....she's awake!~

Comment

Originally posted by wiccanpony View Post
        hows your tan ?
        lol it stops just above my elbows and just below my neck.
        "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
        "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Comment

The real question is if you love to wear womens clothing and hang about in bars.

Looks like fun!

Comment

He did that before the chainsaw course.....haha
            http://musketswordpaint.wordpress.com/
            http://irregular-magazine.com
            http://warhammergrimace.wordpress.com/
            http://paper.li/jbhubbard

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy."

Comment

A nice butch passtime and the perfect beard. No one will ever suspect now, well done.
              "You're a big man, but you're in bad shape. With me, it's a full time job."
              Lt. Bromhead to Prince Dabulamanzi before the Battle of Rorke's Drift.

Comment

KD will be disappointed at the distinct lack of plaid. :P

I knew a tree surgeon once... he chainsawed trough his leg. Well, only most of the way through.
                He's hoping you have an accident-free career!

Comment

aye... it's just wrong undave... no plaid. no pith. what is this world coming to?
                  "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                  Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                  sigpic

Comment

I did go clad in my padded plaid "lumberjack shirt" but it was so hot I was forced to take it off. Also the amount of chain oil and pine resin you get covered in, I love my shirt too much for that.

My arms are just one big ache. I can barely type let alone hold a paint brush but I certainly feel fitter than I did at the start of the week. Tree felling kicks arse!

Now to tuck into my buttered scones...

Comment

Working...
                    X