Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation: Cashgrab (Scott Radom's 2012 sellin' mini's thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff Scott.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Well done Scott, I hope this keeps going well for you.
      Dave Maughan

http://cathairinthepaintpot.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Woo! Back under par again!

You thought of doing some up to date GW stuff to capitalise on the flavour of the month sales?

Comment

Originally posted by Orki View Post
          You thought of doing some up to date GW stuff to capitalise on the flavour of the month sales?
          I bought some of the newer plastic mini's, and I like them, just never seemed to call to me once they got back home and on the shelf. I really, really, really wanna paint up my Nurgley plastic lord but every time I figure how I want it to look I see another beauty job and kinda rethink what I want the mini to be about. I just sorta grab a mini as I finish off the last one and go from there. It would make sense to try and capitalize for sure, I should give it a shot!

Thanks for the comments guys!

I listed a scibor mutant tonight. I based it up on a 25mm square thinking it might go for a Nurgle Warhammer Fantasy army. I have a soft spot for Nurgle stuff and wanted to try out some flesh techniques for my AoW entry for April's contest. Here's the mini...

I got the mini from the CMON shop during a sale that was going on for Scibor for $8, so the eBay and the CMON credit bring it to $9.50 costs. So $38 above water so far with a couple auctions running now. Sounds liek I might be getting a week in Vegas in late September so extra cash could be good.
          "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
          -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

All good stuff scott. Keep it up!
            Sitting in the barber's chair, waiting for a haircut that will never come...
            http://www.facebook.com/sublimebrushworkstudio

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRadom View Post
              I just sorta grab a mini as I finish off the last one and go from there. It would make sense to try and capitalize for sure, I should give it a shot!
              Do it! Remember, this is OP:Cashgrab, not OP:WhateverIfeellike.

Gotta pick precision targets, and smash the enemy with a rapid escalation of firepower at the decisive point of conflict.

:rockon:

Comment

Way to go brother~! I have to say that I'd been lusting over your Spartan Space Marine guy as it really rocks! Nice to see you got a good price for it.:rockon:
                Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

You really should paint those new plastics before they go out of style.
                  The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                  Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                  My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                  Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

I started organizing my mini's this week. Yikes. I have a pegboard rack up now with 220+ NIB blister packs from assorted miniatures and god knows how many more boxed sets and loose mini's I have lying around. So no more buying for me for a bit. It's really outta hand. So I need to get to work on this selling stuff I think! Golf eats a lot of my summer time, and I am cool with that but I need to make a conscious effort to thin out the herd over the winter months. I do have a few of the GW plastic mini's and I'll be getting to those in a bit. I've got a mini I am near done for the WAMP mini exchange, my AoW entry, then it's back to trying to hack out some cash mini's. Gotta make a dent in lead mountain and try to get some payback from my "investment" in these little ********. Anyway the RBG Barbarian guy sold for $25 bucks. So less the eBay fees that's another $22 for the good guys.

New total $60 in the black.

Comment

I remember that garage of goodness you have from the workplace thread, damn you :P

I think knowing how you want to tackle this based on current trends and your own trends is a good thing, I know with me at least when those things become clear I get more work done :)
                      The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                      Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                      My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                      Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

Sounds good Scott, organizing your minis should help clear things in your mind and glad to hear your total is on the up.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                        Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Been a long while since I posted anything in here. Well I put up an Ork Kommissar that I bought from Kromlech...

I think I paid 10$ for the mini, so it's $1.50 between the lisitng fees and the CMON auction credit. It's been a long while since I did anything for this thread and my paypal account has been emptied many times over since I last sold anything so I am obliged to bring the money ticker back down to zero. So Right now I am $11.50 in the hole. My goal is to make it up to around $120 by March and use the money to buy some golf balls. That's it.

Comment

Okay so mini sold for 30.50 less 10% eBay fee leaves me with $28ish. Less the $11.50 for the listing and the mini it gives me $16.50 for the good guys. So... yay me!

Comment

Okay so 2012 is over and bring on the new year smell of 2013. SNIFFF!!!! Ahhhhhhh.... new year smell. So I am just pushing out some of my painted **** so i can order a bunch of stuff from the WAMPstore. Paint, brushes, and some mini's. Don't need anything just gotta get some new stuff every now and again. I won't be ordering until mid or end of march just in case my package gets left on the front step and freezes solid (as has happened to me in the past) and all the paint get's chucked. So here's the 3 mini's I put up this week...

I have a few mini's from last year, some of them that faield at auction at least once before to pawn off on unsuspecting bidders as well. Also I'll be done a five man malifaux crew by then too so maybe I can get that onto the auction block in time as well. All money raised - after eBay fee's - will be spent at the WAMP store. That's my pledge! Maybe nto so noble as giving to charity or something like that but I really don't care about the needy. 'Cause I am hard like that.

BID OFTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X