Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation: Cashgrab (Scott Radom's 2012 sellin' mini's thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation: Cashgrab (Scott Radom's 2012 sellin' mini's thread)

My other paint for profit thread seemed a bit of a mess. And I didn't really have a goal or anything so it seemed goofy to me. So instead I thought I'd track the adventures of my selling mini's in 2012 and see how I do. I have no tangible goal, but this will help see how I do. So I am not reall starting with a budget, but if this mini sells I'll just have to pay for it out of the sale price. I'll also track the cost of mini's seperate as I have a tough time for some reason thinking of the cost of the mini as an expense. It is of course, but I gave my soul to this hobby and any time it gives me a little cash back I have a tough time thinking of it as anything other than found money. So that's my rules. Here's the mini...

So I spent about 4$ on the mini itself ($20 for a box of five nobs) and the helmet, base, and shells I'll call 2$ total. So I owe myself 7 bucks. The CMON auction and the listing ar another $1.50 but I will call that a bill and make sure to suck it out of the total the mini sells for (knock on wood).

Allright! Let's see how 2012 goes!
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Best o' luck Scott :)
    "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
    Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
    sigpic

Comment

I was just thinking recently about my own failed PFP thread thingy, and was thinking of starting over again with something like this.

Good luck man, im sure you will do well

Comment

get em!

Comment

my PFP fell away as I started to get a few commission:jiggy:

I now have 5 regular customers who send me mainly historical wargames figures to paint I am like a Pig in S%$.

Good luck with your endeavours Scott, I will keep an eye on your progress
          Peace James
          https://www.facebook.com/exilespainting/
          https://www.instagram.com/exilespainting/

Comment

Good luck Scott, hope it does well for you and gets the new year off to a profitable start.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
            Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

good luck mate. I've added this to the front page widget - lemme know numbers for any more mate and Ill pop em on too
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I am all for supporting local businesses! All the best for your endeavour! Being able to pay some of the bills with doing the things you love most is no easy feat, yet it is extremely rewarding.
                Last edited by tlepolemos; 13-01-2012, 04:54 pm.

Comment

Okay so the Ork went fro around $23, less $8.50 for the mini and bits and another $2.20 for the eBay fees means I only took down

$12.30 profit.

Been a while so I am listing these three mini's....

So Expenses are

- 3 x Cmon Auction credits $2.25
                  - 3x Auction Fees $2.10
                  -Spartan Assault Marine (Got a sweet deal on a box of 5 for $15!) $3.00
                  -RBG Nord guy (Can't find him on the RBG site, I hope he's not discontinued!) Maybe $7.50
                  -Tallarn Desert guy. Got him in a sweet mini exchange from UnDave! Thanks man! Maybe $3.00

Means $17.85 in expenses. SO I am $5.55 in the hole for now.

Comment

Good luck with them Scott.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                    Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Ooops! My listing for my RBG "Skyrim Inspired Mini" got pulled as the makers of Skyrim didn't like the use of their IP in my listing title I guess. I got refunded my listing fee's but not the CMON credit. I'll have to post up again. Sucks as I already had a bidder and their were a dozen watchers. Course ZeniMax inc legal happened to be one of the watchers I guess!

Comment

Oh that's mean! What a shame. Hoope it still sells well for you.

Comment

We can't do Bethesda inspired stuff? Bummer!

Hope it sells scott.
                          The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                          Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                          My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                          Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

shame that mate, I had a non gw one pulled once because it mentioned GW in the description (though it wasn't sold as a Gw piece (merely scale compatible)
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Yeah I relisted the skyrim dude and told the guy who had bid on it about the listing. He's a repeat customer and the same guy who bought the tallarn mini so it'll work out. It's at a couple bids now so at least it'll sell. Okay...

Started $5.55 in the hole...

Spartan guy sold for $20

Tallarn guy for $38

eBay fee's of around $5

Means $53 bucks for the good guys! Less the $5.50 I was in the hole makes for $47.50 and I have already "Bought" my RBG mini. So that's allright!

I am listing the scibor nurgley dude on thursday so hopefully that will sell. And I had a couple requests for commision stuff which I'll do towards the end of summer (golf season! Time is precious!) so all in all a good couple weeks on the mini painting front. Cool beans.

Comment

Working...
                              X