CreganTur's Paint for Profit thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CreganTur's Paint for Profit thingy

I think by now everyone knows what this is about, so I'm going to skip all of the general stuff we all know by now, but I will specify:

Starting pot: $10
    Goal: $500

Now, I was originally going to paint up the Frog Wizard from Darksword, but I thought I'd let you guys tell me which of these three I should work on:
    1. Frog Wizard
    2. Sansa Stark (Game of Thrones)
    3. Diorama: wolf stalking a bunny
    The wolf in #3 is from Darksword and the bunny is from one of Reaper's familiar packs.

You've probably already guessed this, but I'll also be using whatever I finish here as an entry in the Darksword competition. So, drop in a line with your vote and I'll get started in a couple days!
    http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Not sure what kind of draw you'll get on those minis though... Mainly game minis are best for sleazbay. I'd paint what you want at this point. Maybe the Game of thrones since its really hot right now?

Comment

I like the idea of the wolf!

Comment

Go for Sansa Stark, I think that would be the easiest to sell as well. And besides, I like the minis of her, so wouldn't mind seeing one painted for this competition

Comment

Yeah Game of Thrones is pretty current so I would go for that.

Certain manufacturers will always do better than other but dark sword is a well like company with a strong following - any well painted mini will sell
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I haven't completely forgotten about this. In fact, I've just gotten more motivation to work on it again, but I'm going to be changing things around. I'm going to start with a $0 balance and just go up because I'm going to finish and sell off minis that I already have. Currently I'm finishing the set of Grey Knight Paladins I bought a while ago, along with the Space Marine tac squad, Terminators, and leader from AoBR. Once they're all done i'll be posting the lot on eBay along with my old Grey Knight Terminators and Ultramarine Dread. Once they're all sold off I'll paint up all of the Orks in my AoBR box.

This Writer's Journey

Comment

I've put up 3 items on ebay. Whatever I make from them will be what I use as the pot for the rest of this challenge.

This Writer's Journey

Comment

good luck matey. I have popped these onto the front page for you
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Nice looking gaming pieces. I bet you do well with these CT.

Comment

Sales went much better than I expected!

Valkyrie: $102.50
                    Grey Knights: $102.50
                    Dreadnaught: $28.00

After Paypal and ebay fees I've got a profit of: $201.28

Out of this I also will be getting a commission from someone who viewed the Valkyrie. He's still trying to finish his army list, but it's going to end up being a whole army project, which means a really nice amount of money.

I'm currently finishing up some Grey Knight Paladins, who will be my next sale. I'm also painting up a powerclaw ork for a contest at my LHS, so he'll be going up after the contest as well.

All in all, it's been a great experience to sell off some stuff.

This Writer's Journey

Comment

Nice $$ man, grats!

Comment

Awesome CT! Way to go!
                        My Small Blog: http://bloodthornstudios.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great news, Cregan! :D
                          "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
                          Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm starting up this again. Painting up a number of 40k units for sale. My goal is to have them done and on ebay next Thursday.

Here's what's going up:
                            Grey Knight Paladin Squad on custom lava bases
                            Ultramarine squad on custom asphalt bases
                            Ultramarine Terminator squad on custom asphalt bases
                            Ultramarine Captain on custom asphalt base
                            Ultramarine Rhino

I'm also thinking about selling off some of my competition dioramas as well, but I'm not certain on that point yet.

This Writer's Journey

Comment

Good luck with them.

A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community.
                              Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The concept of 'why' is way more important to understand than the question of 'how' (which is only ever a variation of 'get paint - paint paint')." - Orki, November 2010.

Comment

Working...
                              X