Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied
    Ah, football. I'm sure you're right. We still celebrate the European Championship in 1992, because we've sucked ever since.

Leave a comment:

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied
    Yes there is a Danish site, but only for Danes (sellers and buyers) and that is really too small a population to get any consistent sells.

What am I going to lose???

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    you do get US buyers (my last mini went there) but Ebay is all about maximising potential so its usually a choice on majorities.

Folks do sell on ebay Uk from abroad as theres an option to screen them out (which I do) I know the denmark ebay link goes to the US one so it might be countries that dont have their own go there. Isnt there a big auction site in Denmark that ebay bought out?

Oh and your gonna lose tonight!

Leave a comment:

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied
    Good to know.

By the way, the reason I use the US eBay is, that the UK website wouldn't allow me to sell when I'm not located there (didn't bother to see if there's a workaround). I believe there's a German one as well, but I don't speak German. Anyway, the US site, doesn't sort by country.

Of the three minis I've sold, one was to a US customer and the other two to Europeans, so you might be on to something.

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    I would do 8pm Sunday Denmark time (so start thursday 8pm Denmark time)

Leave a comment:

• phatkid1966
    replied
    Originally posted by S_Dalsgaard View Post
    I just thought, that since most people on eBay are Americans, it would be worth catering to their preferences/shopping patterns.

I also agree with Brett on this, the biggest Market for GW is the UK ad Europe, in addition to that when you search an item it will localise your search and only offer international results after the local search, I prefer to buy from the UK first and then Europe simply because it means I will get my purchase sooner.
    If you buy from the US or China you could be waiting a month or so, GW fans often want to be on the TT with their new additions the next weekend!

Leave a comment:

• phatkid1966
    replied
    Most of the people I have sold to have been European but that could be a chicken and egg thing.

Hey and less of the 'old dog' I was surely a cat in my day!

Lol Anita disagrees she says definitely an old dog - sigh!

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    I just thought, that since most people on eBay are Americans, it would be worth catering to their preferences/shopping patterns.
    Possibly BUT! Americans are in general quite insular and tend to buy from the US so ask are they your biggest market?

Leave a comment:

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    I assume the hours you both list are US times?
    its irrelevant, 8pm here 8pm there, whatever is local for you

Leave a comment:

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied
    I assume the hours you both list are US times?

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    good stuff Phatty though I always finish my auctions around 8-9pm on a Sunday - peak internet time apparently. Also Bank Holidays etc are good but bear in mind summer ones folks are more likely to be in the pub or the park

Leave a comment:

• S_Dalsgaard
    replied
    Thanks for your input phatkid. It's always good and much appreciated to get some know-how from old dogs like you and Darklord :-)

Leave a comment:

• phatkid1966
    replied
    I have what I consider to be quite a fair bit of ebay experience and use it to help fund my hobby. I like going to the local bring and buy twice a year and grabbing a few ebay bargains.

Anyway here a few tips that will help you, sorry if they seem obvious but I am just passing it on in the hope something there will help you.

- Starting price is a bone of contention but I would always start low with anything Warhammer. This is because there will nearly always be a large interest and they are well informed regarding prices and value.

- A long listing is the best way to go, always take the longest listing to get the most attention keeping in mind you will then hit the buyers who search for newly listed, then the weekend browsers and evening browsers etc

- Here is my most important tip. Timing is everything! If you list your items to be sold at the end of a month or on the 1st of a new month you are helping people spend their wages. Also bank holidays are gold dust when people are bored and shopping on their computers. Weeends are best and between 5-30 - 20:00 is prime time. Never sell anything over night!

Always hit the largest viewing groups so e.g. a 32mm knight from an unknown company would be listed under warhammer and somewhere in the description you could put can be used with Empire etc or would make a good Kurt Helborg - you get the idea.

I still find that ebay suprises me but I think one of the most important things to get your head around is the ebay and postage charges and you seem to be getting to grips with that.

Anyway, good luck and good fortune to you :)

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    well yeah check the local one, I am going off .co.uk so there might well be variances.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X