Dalsgaard's PfP Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S_Dalsgaard View Post
    I just thought, that since most people on eBay are Americans, it would be worth catering to their preferences/shopping patterns.

I also agree with Brett on this, the biggest Market for GW is the UK ad Europe, in addition to that when you search an item it will localise your search and only offer international results after the local search, I prefer to buy from the UK first and then Europe simply because it means I will get my purchase sooner.
    If you buy from the US or China you could be waiting a month or so, GW fans often want to be on the TT with their new additions the next weekend!
    "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry." :cheeky:

Comment

I would do 8pm Sunday Denmark time (so start thursday 8pm Denmark time)
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Good to know.

By the way, the reason I use the US eBay is, that the UK website wouldn't allow me to sell when I'm not located there (didn't bother to see if there's a workaround). I believe there's a German one as well, but I don't speak German. Anyway, the US site, doesn't sort by country.

Of the three minis I've sold, one was to a US customer and the other two to Europeans, so you might be on to something.
        "Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back."
        - Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

My new paint blog - Brath's Paint Shop

Comment

you do get US buyers (my last mini went there) but Ebay is all about maximising potential so its usually a choice on majorities.

Folks do sell on ebay Uk from abroad as theres an option to screen them out (which I do) I know the denmark ebay link goes to the US one so it might be countries that dont have their own go there. Isnt there a big auction site in Denmark that ebay bought out?

Oh and your gonna lose tonight!
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Yes there is a Danish site, but only for Danes (sellers and buyers) and that is really too small a population to get any consistent sells.

What am I going to lose???

Comment

Ah, football. I'm sure you're right. We still celebrate the European Championship in 1992, because we've sucked ever since.

Comment

Working...
              X