No announcement yet.

Dalsgaard's PfP Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After spending a lot of time on eBay the last week or two I think you are right about 40k being easiest to sell. Rumor says that a new knight titan is coming next month. That might be a good bet :-)

Meanwhile the buyer for my commissar didn't pay up, so now I am standing here without a sell and a new mini already bought. I guess I will have to do a loan on future profit.

Funds before today: 1.80
    Belegar Ironhammer: -13.00

Current Funds: -11.20
    Current Profit/Loss: -21.20

I will put the Commissar up for auction again and hopefully it will do better with the things I've learned so far.
    "Of course I'm sane, when trees start talking to me, I don't talk back."
    - Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic

My new paint blog - Brath's Paint Shop

Comment

That sucks on the unpaying bidder. At least that was a problem before the item was sent though, Mum (who has an ebay shop for knitting stuff) had several people around early December decide that items hadn't shown up and demanded refunds despite not allowing for Christmas post delays and not paying for recorded delivery.

There are fools out there, so it's important to keep your head up.

Good luck with Belegar :)
      The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

Yeah, I am a bit worried about sending stuff without track and trace, but postage from Denmark is already expensive as crap, so I will have to take the chance.

I relisted the Commissar and hope it ends better this time.

Comment

Time for an update.

My relisting of the commissar is currently at $20.50 and ends tomorrow. Meanwhile I finished Belegar Ironhammer and listed him as well, for a ten-day auction. To try something different I offer him with free shipping. The starting price is $39.99. I want to see if the free shipping can attract more buyers and both the mini and postage is covered by the starting price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251458017509

I have also listed my finished Stormtalon, but that one is outside this challenge.
          Last edited by S_Dalsgaard; 22-02-2014, 01:19 pm.

Comment

Yesterday I sold my Commissar for the second time (this time the buyer actually paid). Although the payment is held back for a while, I will still count them as received and make a new status.

Funds before today: -11.20
            IG Commissar: $26.00
            PayPal & eBay Fees: -$5.30
            My Take: $20.70 = 12.41

Current Funds: 1.21
            Current Profit/Loss: -8.79

While that doesn't look to good, it was still a profit of 4.21 on the commissar alone and it should look better when (if) I sell the dwarf.

Comment

small acorns mate. I assume youre a new seller on ebay? They introduced the no payment until goods recieved malarky. Another way to protect buyers and screw sellers.

Dont forget to add the non paying bidder to your blacklist
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Yep, never sold anything on eBay before. Actually it is fine by me, that they hold back the money for a few weeks. I think it is a good way to protect buyers from new (untrustworthy) sellers.

I've made sure to report the non-payers and I've added a block to my current auctions so people with bad reps can't bid.

Comment

Is the no payment till goods recieved just for new sellers or is it for all of us?

Comment

Just for new sellers I believe. I haven't checked what constitutes a new seller, but I assume it is until I've had a certain number of successful sales.

Comment

oh thank god. I was about to hate sleaze bay just a little bit more.

Comment

90 days after your first sale you are no longer classed as a new seller so exsisting accounts are unaffected.

selling x amount or a certain monetary total also removes the new seller thing though not sure what they are. I think in the US its $250 or 25 transactions
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. If I am to get anywhere with this challenge, I hope I hit $250 sold before 90 days from yesterday :-)

Comment

Originally posted by NeatPete View Post
                            oh thank god. I was about to hate sleaze bay just a little bit more.
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

The ease with which you find appropriate/weird photos DL, shows you spend too much time on the interwebz :-)

Comment

Lol! Wtf is that? A jogging bike?!

Comment

Working...
                                X