No announcement yet.

Shades' WIP - Lizardman Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Dysartes. I've been dabbing paint on the Skink Handlers and the Skink Standard Bearer, as I've been working on the Slann. But I should really prime the Skink Stegadon Crew and add them to the mix before I do any more on the other Skinks. The heat and humidity have finally broken here in Virginia, so I may have a chance to spray them.

I'll be out of town at the beach for an extended weekend, so I'm going to lose a full weekend for the painting projects. As it is, though, I have a good feeling about where I'm at so far. The biggest concern is assembling/priming the last two Terradons and painting the six of them. It's a big task to paint that unit as it is, but I have a complex paint-scheme in mind as well. So they're the long pole in the tent. Not to diminish the work for all of the other units! So yeah, pressure's still on.
    Blog: Mini Mayhem - The Blog!

Comment

I've been quiet, but I've been plugging away.

Over the few weeknights between my weekend beach trip and last weekend, I worked on the Slann (to be shown later).

This past weekend was spent running around collecting remaining materials, like metal sheet for my movement trays, varnish, etc.

My weekend+ progress:
      • Cut, assembled, primed, painted, varnished movement trays.
      • Flocked new swamp terrain. Not necessary for this project, but the opportunity was there...
      • Assembled remaining two Terradon Riders -- a time-consuming pain in the butt, since I use predominantly 5-minute epoxy. Constructed the custom bases and rod. Primed.
      • Painted Skinks, halfway finished.

Here's the progress (minus the Slann) and the work remaining to do.

Comment

And here's the Slann Mage-Priest proxy, General of the Emerald Army of Imtus'hexi.

Comment

Came out quite nicely, Shades. :)
          "what color did you use, red with a black wash?"
          Current size of lead mountain: 3619. Painted: 743
          sigpic

Comment

Oh, wow, that looks fantastic, Shades! Great work!
            MamaGeekMinis.com
            "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

Comment

Mike, these look fantastic :) Hope to see em in person sometime!! :D
              "Have i gone 'round the bend?"
              "Yes, you are mad. Completely bonkers. But here's a secret... the best of us are."
              -Alice in Wonderland

Proud member of Fredericksburg, VA Game Vault Painters and W.A.S
              Whimsical Miniatures Site and My Blog

Comment

Love the eyes on the toad guy.
                Some tales are best left for the light of day.

Check out my website at www.talespinnerminis.com.

Comment

Looking great so far, Shades - can't help but wonder when/how that Slann got corrupted by Chaos, though... ;)
                  My blog: The Renaissance Gamer - Last updated: 28/07/2011 - Why does he game? (Guest blog by Keeper)

Irregular Miniature Paintfest 2011 - Sunday 17th July

The other editor of Irregular

Winner -
                  WAMPed! Most entries

Dysartes' WIPs - 2011 Edition | Dysartes' Completed Work - 2011 Edition

Comment

LOL Good point, Dysartes. I never even thought about it that way. I just wanted a more "dynamic" Slann. Apparently, one that's crazed and frothing at the mouth. But now that you mention it, it makes a lot of sense to say he's corrupted by Chaos. That would be a first, I think. I could sure write some interesting fluff along those lines, and it would give me a really good justification for the Emerald Army to be fighting my friend's other Lizardman army.

The only downside is that representing Chaos on the Warhammer table has never really appealed to me. I don't mind being the bad guy with Dark Elves or Orcs or even the Beastmen, who have a strong tie-in with Chaos. I don't know what it is. I mean, I'm fine with the role that Chaos plays in the fluff, but for some reason, I don't relate to it. Maybe I relate better to the other evil armies because they feel more Tolkienesque and more rooted in history, mythology, and folklore.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Thanks, everyone, for looking and for posting comments!

Comment

Those are looking cool. Love the big toad. Lets see Jaba try and eat that one!

Comment

Looking good Shades, nice work.
                        http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
                        Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

I'm pleased with a day's work..... Basing will come later.

Tomorrow, on to the Terradons.....

Comment

You did that in one day!?!? Wow, you are truly amazing! Incredible job, this is going to be such a fantastic army!
                            MamaGeekMinis.com
                            "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

Comment

nice looking army. i look forward to seeing more progress.
                              Last edited by funnymouth; 21-08-2011, 06:14 am.
                              smellmaster

Comment

Great..how did you do the skin on the big triceratops? It looks super. I think the contrasting colours you get into your stuff is a real highlight.

Comment

Working...
                                X