Captain Beaky's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Beaky's Lonely Hearts Club Band

OK so Kester sussed what my WaMP monthly entry is going to be based on so it frees me to do a WiP. It doesn't really feel like a proper diorama as most of the figures won't be miniatures but 2d cutouts of various people from here there or everywhere. There will of course be four actual miniatures and I've done dioramas with far less so it still counts.

First off I'm collecting pictures to turn into cutout stand up figures. So far I've got Donna, Liz Boris & Jay, Billy and Matty. Here they are removed from the background and resized so they all look in scale with each other.

I've extended Boris' dress and Jays legs so they fit with everyone else. Jay still has no feet but it won't matter when he's in place. I've also..... altered Donna a bit :twisted:

As I collect more specimens I'll post em up in this thread. I've got the parts for the band members coming in the post from Bits&kits in the next few days. I'm sorted for three of the heads but it looks like I'm going to have to sculpt the owl. This project is really shaping up to be a cracker.
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

are you going to do flowers as well?
    "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
    I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Of course :)

I haven't got any big leaves for the potted palm though so I might have to leave that out unless I can get some suitable ones from somewhere.
      "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
      "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Comment

tropical fish tank plant springs to mind or cut from card, easy enough to do a palm leave
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

John Lennon aka Timid Toad

Comment

ha thats great i love your take on themes
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
            X