Chaos sorcerer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaos sorcerer

I'm continuing to experiment with the GW washes. I really love what they do to metallics :)
    Thoughts & commets on the mini so far are welcome (it's still pretty early on)

Looks ok so far but I think it could use a bit more highlighting on the glod. I assume you haven't done much but base coat the rest yet.
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

i think the glod looks fine but the gold needs more work. try a purple wash on the gold in places to dd some interest and highlight it up adding some mithril into your gold mix.
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'd like to see close ups of the gold, as it's looking interesting, but hard to see properly in these shots.
        "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
        I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Ok, here're some closeups - no scaling, just cropped from the orig:

Yeah, I'd just did the base colour on cloak & skin & then did the trim & staff & wanted to finish up the washes before going back to the skin & then cloak.

I tried a very slight highlight of mixed mithril & gold, but the paint was v dilute & the colour wasn't quite as bright & vibrant as the gold :/ I'll try again later I think

Comment

i would go for a 1:1 gold/mithril mix, just on the edges when a few light spots. the shading looks nice on the gold
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'd go with DL on this one, needs a little (and I mean a little) highlighting, probably mithril & gold mix. I'd then wash with a very dilute purple or purple/yellow mix, just to bind it again!

Comment

cool - thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X