X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quick one

These are coming on OK.

Still a way to go yet though :D
    "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Jay's just painted that celt in an uncannily similar style - even the striped trews and tattoos :)

I like the dude at the top - the colour is great. Is there some blue on his cheek, or it is an unshaved jaw?
    "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
    I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

stick a pith hlemet on the bottom oone and its you undave - uncanny!
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Loking good, is this part of your big damned secret thingy?
        "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
        -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Shhhhh yes it's top secret so don't tell anyone. Im' just trying not to junx it all by bragging and setting myself up for a fall. Lets just say if anything comes of it it'll be the most kick arse thing ever but if not I won't be too surprised.

After looking at the face painting article in WD I thought I'd try a bit of stubble, I take it it's not really worked out right then? Maybe it could do with being a bit darker.

These are meant to be good quality gaming standard paintjob by the way.

And Jay must know about the unwritten law that states that all Celts must have blue and white stripey trousers :lol:
          "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
          "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Comment

The problem with the stubble, as I see it, isn't in the quality of application it's that it ends just on the cheeks and doesn't extend over the lips and onto the chin. Or maybe that's how you Limey's beardline works?

Looks good anyway, and double secret good luck!
            "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
            -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Right I'll apply a bit more grey and see if it helps.

Comment

Maybe the photo has an extra blue tint to it making the stubble look more blue than it is.
                The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

the stubble seems a bit too strong to me compared with the subtleness of the paintjob elsewhere, try overwashing with some flesh tones to soften it slightly? on and like scott says change the coverage area
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by RogerB
                    Maybe the photo has an extra blue tint to it making the stubble look more blue than it is.
                    That's very likely taking into account how I see the world. I'm trying to get the colours in the picture to match how I see things naturally so I have a tendency to add blue levels to the picture because I can see them on the model.

Comment

Working...
                    X