Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She's finished! Well, no base or robot friend, but close enough

Lately though, I've been playing kill team (and converting up a team of Tau, who I'll paint one day...). It requires a fair bit of terrain, and while the box set came with plenty it's a rather dull tan colour. So I've decided to use all that plastic to get some proper airbrush practice in, learn to use air pressure and paint thickness to my advantage, and try some weathering. Course, it being a whole load of masking and overspray, this is how it looked when I finished:

Fortunately, some careful drybrushing of metals and demasking left me with this (sadly the gloss interferes with the rust on the picture):

Still needs some tidying up around the edges, various details hand painting, and then a decent sealing coat and matte before final weathering, but I think it's pretty solid for an early try!
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread

Comment

• Some good stuff going on there. I really like the monochrome red stuff.
      Free Graphic Novels. Here

One Thousand Monkeys writing - including free ebooksmy dA

Comment

• Have tried to shake off the painting dust with some units from Monsterpocalypse. Three tone zenithal prime, glazed pale fleshy tones, and then some inks for colour. They'll be like poison dart frogs, so will get black patterning, but that's still to come:

Comment

• Lots of progress on the monsterpocalypse stuff really, I've painted five units completely - three belchers, a belcher elite, and a crawler:

Comment

• It's been a while since I posted anything... moving house and changing jobs took over for a while!

I've partly painted the big monster to go with the little critters, involving a series of airbrush layers and hand finishes. Have gotten a bit sick of it now though, the metals are dragging. So it's currently at this state:

Aside from that though, I've been distracting myself with Adeptus Titanicus. Picked Legio Vulpa, so a little chaos-ing up is needed for my plan. Roughening the trim on the plates will let me paint it more like organic bone, and eventually the plasma vents at the rear will get gargoyle heads on (fluff reasons). But it's taking a while!

Comment

• Wow, those are some great looking metals!

Comment

• Wow... there has been a lot going on this last year or so. New job, new city, and the usual carnage of my life!

I haven't achieved a lot paint wise this year, but I have finished a couple of things.

Did a bit of work on this guy, but he's nowhere near finished:

I've tried to work on that warhound more, and he's getting slowly closer to being half done...
                Conversion:

Rust paint:

And the finished leg panels (no trim or metals):

I've been playing a little Warhammer Underworlds lately, so during lockdown have been trying to paint my warband. So far, two of five done with no paint on their bases:

I'm also just finishing the plinth for a piece I finished early in the new year, ready for the paintdemic, so I won't reveal that yet!

How is everyone?

Comment

• Hi Mako!

Hope things are going well in the new city. That's some fine looking hobby work. The underworlds models are looking particularly sharp. :)

Looks like a good start on the Nemo bust too.

Comment

• Hey Ark, how's things been?
                    And thanks :)

Portsmouth is an interesting place to be... I miss the North
                    It does at least have a board game café owned by a workmate of mine, who's responsible for getting me into underworlds. Got to make myself finish the warband, it's fun except the painfully slow drag of building up flesh tones with the scalecolor paints. I like the end result, but to get there is a lot of painful ugly looking layers!

Then hopefully some work on Nemo, I know what I plan to do so it's just getting my head in the game for it...

Comment

• I finally got the bases sorted out, including a tiny waterfall at hte back of Skaeth's base:

And now, off to enter the paintdemic...

Comment

• Those really look great, I love the pattern on the rump of the centaur. Its always great to see your patterns and painting in general again.
                        Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

• Cheers vegas, it's nice to be back in the painting pit and see familiar handles still painting away here!

I do enjoy my freehanding on things! Was going to include tattoos, but then I realised that would mean no surface that wasn't covered in freehand details, and that was possibly going to be excessive...

Comment

• Forgot to do an update, but I've now painted the Archer and the cat, though I forgot to get solo photos of the cat after the marathon patterned fur painting...

Comment

• love that mate, has a real Final Fantasy feel about it. I have a suggestion but feel free to ignore it! How about an Adam Ant syle makup line on his face in a spot colour to drive focus there a little more? I mean it looks great anyway just thought I would throw it down
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• I like that idea, so much so that all three satyrs in the warband are going to get a touch of the old glam rock!
                                Some icy blue hints of Adam Ant and Bowie. Cheers DL!

Comment

Working...
                                X