No announcement yet.

Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Kangaroo Bishop? Bonkers but love it!!

The resin painting thing looks real interesting. if it works any chance of a tutorial on it?
    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Cheers DL, I'll keep taking step by step photos, it may not come out perfect but it should be good enough to show people how its supposed to work!
      A model what I painted: My WIP thread

Comment

• loving the kangaroo!
        the pose is awesome...

also the gremlin peeking inside the coffin! great stuff
        The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

• Well, after a rather crappy attempt at a gremlin face yesterday, that ended up looking like a cross between yoda and a cardassian, but wearing cat ears, I've done a better job today:

Couldn't thin out or smooth his hat brim with it soft, so that would have to wait until its baked, hence the roughness and thickness.

Also I'd like to mention, if Cassar is reading this, I'm entirely blaming him for my latest project to be added to the list I already have, which is a 1/6 scale model... Thanks as well of course!

Comment

• One thing I like about you is your tanasity!
            you start a lot of projects and do them simultaneously. but you seem to end them all eventually.

that's one thing I haven't quite mastered yet...
            The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

• The ending them is a bit of an issue for me, I have to admit! I find it quite hard to sta focused on one thing, so running several keeps me interested, but actually finishing any of them is a bit unpredictable. There's a lot of projects that get put on hold until I decide I want to work on them again...

Comment

• Ok, as promised more progress with the fish thingy, I've done the second paint layer and poured more resin. I think I did the last layer a touch thick, but that should be easier to work out when I get the next few layers on.

And now, my latest (yes, yet another) project. I'll be setting this one up in it's own thread I think, just because it's so different from the rest. But here's the first image of how it's going, just to give people an idea. Next to it is a new plastic model from Wyrd, he's 32mm.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to update again with more gremlin progress, and I'll link to my new large scale thread here when I set it up too.

Comment

• So, more progress. Firstly, the gremlins. The top one is called zippy, and the bottom one bungle. I'm sure you can guess what the other one from the earlier updates is called...

Bungle is lagging behind rather a lot, I have to admit. He needs some love.
                  And for more weirdness, heres the marsupial with his leg and a bit attached, and his hat too. No ears yet as they looked rubbish so I took them off to redo.

Thres also a new picture in my large scale thread, which is here.

Thoughts/comments/abuse?

Comment

• Ok, a bit of an update on lots of stuff. While I have downtime I've been messing about with some digital sculpting. It's been a lot of fun, and having an undo key is brilliant. But it's just as hard as putty work, and in some ways it's even harder. Here's my messing about over three sessions:

I've also been sculpting normally. I've got the legs of the marsupial sorted, although they still need shin pads like the death marshals have.

And now for some gremlins, Zippy and Bungle are slowly progressing:

And George is finished, which means that the second member of the Green Justice crew is now ready:

Any suggestions or comments?

Comment

• Do I even want to know why you are practicing that digital expression? (think there's another site for that ;)

Lookin good though, all around. and yes, ctrl+z is my favorite computer function.

Comment

• Haha, it was supposed to be angry shouting face, but I need a bit more practice! He does look like he's having too much fun really, doesn't he...

Comment

• Well, I've finally put the fourth and final paint layer on the fish thingy

so

So that's now sat curing on a flat shelf. I can write up what I learned in a PDF if anyone wants to know?

Comment

• I like it. don't know what I'd do with it, but I like it :)

and I would like to read what you've learned... as the first thing that comes to my mind is to use it for my river/lake terrains..

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

• Well, I'm just going to put it upright on a shelf once I'm sure it's cured fully and isn't going to stick to the dust, and look at it every so often. I've written it up with pictures of each paint layer, just need to get it onto the laptop to shrink the PDF size down a bit, and I can upload it to Dropbox and link it here. Should be able to get that done tonight.

Comment

• cool. I like your new avatar

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

Working...
                                X