No announcement yet.

Mako's new WIP of more randomness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor problem, I broke the cyclops's arm at one of the strongest points (somehow), so he's waiting for a fix. In the meantime, I got more done on the Legionnaires (sorry for the dodgy fake shadow photography, I hate seeing that done to add mood to (or hide flaws in) a paint job but I didn't spot it until I was uploading...

There's also some progress on the old printed armature, slowly started laying out and building up muscles:

Last edited by Mako; 26-08-2016, 12:36 pm.
    A model what I painted: My WIP thread

Comment

• The printed torso is very neato. Great thread!
      "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
      -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

• Cheers Scott, I'm ready to start putting the real surface on now so hopefully it'll go well... In the meantime I've finished messing with Kryssa, just her base to deal with now:

Comment

• good stuff. I feel the red/yellow armour plates need some smoothing out, probably with some glazes
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Aye, they probably do... but at this point I'm just glad to have her and the unit done!
            (except the bases. Why is it so hard to get hold of rosemary roots?!)

I really struggle with units and getting them finished up, which makes any form of army painting a bit of a nightmare, and the thought of going back over them makes me flinch

Comment

• The armature sure looks like a great help. I've thought about getting some like it as well for my humble (crappy) attempts on sculpting.
              Blog- Twitter

Comment

• It certainly speeds the process up! I got some 4mm ball bearings that fit perfectly into the eye sockets, and since then I've built up the face, neck and main body. Next up is ears and hair, and probably the belt too so I can start finishing the lower edging.

Comment

• More progress on the old man:

And I've started working on Hunger and Lust. Only the basic flesh tones on the face so far, the eyes and lips are really the only bits that are finished

There's a reason for the rolled up eyes, she's being bitten by a vampire. It was deliberate, honest!

Comment

• looks liek the face my kids pull when I ask them to do something
                    Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Hopefully it'll look a bit more sensual as it goes on! Just been working it back and forth with Scalecolor flesh tones, after some quick hair colouring to help me figure out the colours better:

Comment

• she's looking good so far. Are you planning on adding some freckles?
                        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Ooh, I could add some, that would give it a bit more life. Not too many, but the odd freckle would definitely suit her. Hadn't thought of that!

She'll be blonde when I'm done (though a hint of red is already in the hair, so I guess strawberry blonde!).

Comment

• sounds good mate
                            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• After losing all enthusiasm for a while and being somewhat ill, I've tried to do something smaller to get myself back into the mood. Penthesilea from Infinity, although so far all I've done is pain the pattern on the bike's main cowling (still some areas still to to) and add in the highlight and shade.

Comment

• The pattern looks great. Its really inspiring to me. I'd love to give this a try at some point.
                                Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

Working...
                                X