Can you tell what it is yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell what it is yet?

Here's a teaser shot of one of my entries for the four competitions I'm currently engaged in. I'm not telling you which one though and I'm not letting on as to what it's going to end up looking like.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
    "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
    "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
    "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
    "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
    "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

That's going to be Queen Elizabeth in the style of Cate Blanchett from her role in "Elizabeth" sitting on a throne. That's for your PB challenge.

This game's easy.
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

I just popped over to Ækea (the medieval furniture store) and picked up a ye olde flat-packe wryting deske to go with my chair.

Good guess Radom but no cigar
      "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
      "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."

Comment

Are you doing Andrea's name of the rose monk?
        "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
        I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Oooooh... no I'm not but that would have been pretty cool.

Comment

Shakespeare?
            Oooh. That's a BINGO!
            This is grapeshot. This is what it does.

Comment

chris eubank, i can SO see him sitting in that chair
              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I think it's funny how you decided to change your entry just 'cause I guessed it in one shot. I'm intrigued to see what your second choice will turn out to be though. Nice work so far! Very lifelike wood painting scheme, though it does look a tad out of scale.

Comment

Hmph! I'll have you know that there's a 57 stage highlight on those boards :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Undave
                    Hmph! I'll have you know that there's a 57 stage highlight on those boards :lol:
                    I'm not saying you didn't try. It's just that you botched it "royally"

Ha, eat my pun!

Comment

Well I've decided to bite the bullet and do his cuffs red.

I know there's a big reflection across most of the cuffs but do they work? More importantly have I got red paint anywhere other than on the cuffs, belt and garter?

This guy's prtty much finished now, the colours are slightly off as I photographed it on my desk and I've had to bring it up from quite a dark picture. Once I've finished his base I'll be ready to enter him into the WaMP Purple competition :D

Comment

Wash the red in a glaze of purple ink and hit the highlights a bit more and I think it will work out fine. I don't see any red anywhere else unless you didn't mean for the belt to be red too.
                        Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

WOW!!! Look what I found in one of my old paint boxes. Just what the doctor ordered.

And just look at that Amethyst purple metalic. How gorgeous is that colour. I wish I'd been able to use that in the competition :drool:

Comment

Those trousers really are quite purple!.
                            I don't see any stray red either :)
                            "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
                            I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Working...
                            X