Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Painting a Crecymodels' bust SBS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Demonn
    replied
    Well, not a lot done by me this week...
    actually, I haven't touched the Jagellone bust.
    My mate Goran started work on chainmail...



    I had to finish a Krieger bust for a weekend workshop I'll be holding later in May, so I spent the time doing that...



    plus I cut the rods for all the busts for the workshop so here's a proper side by side pic of the work done...

    Leave a comment:


  • Darklord
    replied
    great stuff guys, a real contrast of colour schemes. Really handy those pens, have a 0.05mm one myself

    Leave a comment:


  • Demonn
    replied
    we continued our work this week also...
    I finally started freehand on the small shields.





    then I added some shades to the cloak (removed the white spots from earlier :D )



    While my mate, Goran, was busy with the cloak...



    and this is where we ended...

    Last edited by Demonn; 02-05-2021, 06:55 pm.

    Leave a comment:


  • Demonn
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklord View Post
    I find washes do that if you overload with it. Usually a few thin coats of wash will pull it back but you could just reapply a bit of basecoat with a shader
    First time it happened to me... and I've also done terrain with them..
    but yeah, the plan is to redo the white spots...

    Leave a comment:


  • Darklord
    replied
    I find washes do that if you overload with it. Usually a few thin coats of wash will pull it back but you could just reapply a bit of basecoat with a shader

    Leave a comment:


  • Demonn
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklord View Post

    Ill let you off then!
    can't tell you how relieved I feel :P

    anyway, new week, new update.
    In case I didn't explain before, we paint these busts once a week during our club meetings - so the progress WILL be slow :D :D

    Goran concentrated on the cape, while I did basecoats on, well, everything else :D
    21saga-g08.jpg
    21saga-g09.jpg



    Then I added a blue basecoat on the cloak of my version. Wanted to add a wash to make a sketch of the shadows. For some reason it dried with white smudges...



    Next week I'll see what I can do about it...

    To be frank, I wanted to do some freehands on the insignia so during the week I did some research about historic crests of Ladislav Jagellone and this is what came up. So I decided to add the white eagle on the chest, yellow cross on the back of the cloak and the two remaining crests on the small shields... And then I realised I forgot everything I needed to start the freehands so I used the time to practice on the paper...



    and this was the result of the evening

    Leave a comment:


  • Darklord
    replied
    Originally posted by Demonn View Post

    It's a sponsorship for my club by our LGS.
    Ill let you off then!

    Leave a comment:


  • Demonn
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklord View Post
    this is going to be great fun to watch.

    Though Im saddened you are buying Green Stuff World products
    It's a sponsorship for my club by our LGS.

    Leave a comment:


  • Darklord
    replied
    this is going to be great fun to watch.

    Though Im saddened you are buying Green Stuff World products

    Leave a comment:


  • Demonn
    started a topic Painting a Crecymodels' bust SBS

    Painting a Crecymodels' bust SBS

    Well, my mate (Goran) and I started painting a bust by Crecymodels so I figured I might add pics here as well...



    The bust comes as Ladislav Jagellone (version I'm painting) and as a Teutonic Grand Master (the version Goran is painting). However, whichever version you purchase, you get parts to assemble either version.

    First we assembled and prepped the busts. I was really affraid how I would manage removing the crown from the excess material at it's bottom. In the end, I managed quite well but it was fiddly (the bottom was much sturdier and harder than the crown itself so I was really anxious not to break it).



    Then we glued the pieces and attached the busts to the plinths...





    Then we undercoated our busts and were ready to paint...





    we took different paths in painting. I started with the messiest parts (chainmail) while Goran opted for golden bits...

Working...
X