• Show
Clear All

• aku.chan
    replied
    Nice job on the wings!

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Hobby time dropped off a cliff after my last post in here - could be to do with finally starting to get back into the office for work, could be to do with putting 80 hours into Outriders since it's release at the start of the month.

Either way, the drop off coincided with Cursed City arriving, so barely anything has been done with that.

However, the weekend after, GW sent out the Crimson Court vampire warband for Underworlds, so I've made a start on them.

This guy has had a couple of sessions so far, and is definitely not an extra in a punk rock video.

20210426_124703.jpg

Leave a comment:

• aku.chan
    replied
    Looking forward to seeing you tackle the Cursed City stuff!

(I've got to wait until my birthday before I can open mine )

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Thanks guys. Punisher definitely needs more work, but its been all about the Undead this weekend!

I was able to get my hands on a wave 1 copy of Cursed City, so have been trying to smash through the Warploque Undead filling up my desk.

First up to get finished, more of the standard skeleton warriors that were 3d printed.

20210410_174134-01-01.jpeg
    This little bundle takes me to an oversized unit of 11-

20210410_174244-01.jpeg

Next up are the ArcWorlde 2nd Edition Undead Raiders. After being pirates in first edition, with second edition being set in a forest, they've taken up a different profession - Highwaymen!

They got a similar treatment to the skeletons above, before added extras of the eye glow. The Harbringer was also used for some OSL practice as part of The Pickle Jar's April challenge. Wanted to get my effort in before the show where he gets Judge Gudge on to show how it should be done and make everyone else throw their efforts in the bin.

20210411_142941-01.jpeg
    20210411_142944-01.jpeg

20210411_143016-01.jpeg
    20210411_143053-01.jpeg

PhotoCollage_20210411_144335717.jpg

Usual disclaimer - these guys are all aimed at being tabletop ready, with them being practice on using oil washes and batch painting rather than solo masterpieces!

And so, with that lot finished over the last couple of days, the prize that I can start work on as soon as the blisters on my hands caused by this lot heal - Cursed City:

20210410_123558.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    looks great. Painting is tiring. I know when Ive done it full time a 10 hour day is knackering, even worse if its a full week!

Maybe add a coloured juice on the gun to raise the interest a little?

Leave a comment:

• ArkMechanicus
    replied
    Love it! Maybe his back could use a glaze to smooth it out a bit? But generally looking ace!
    Last edited by ArkMechanicus; 06-04-2021, 08:08 am. Reason: punctuation

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    So it turns out that painting on a livestream is both a lot of fun and a lot more work than just painting normally. I was only in for a couple of hours out of the 12 and was pretty tired after!

Here's my Punisher work from the stream, and another hour or so after on the gun. He's still got a reasonable amount to do in a few places, but he's coming along nicely - as he's going to be for a skirmish game, ideally I want higher tabletop level.

20210403_234127.jpg

20210403_234135.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklord View Post

Reason I ask is theres a chalky feel in places and this can be caused by the water. I used to use filtered water as I was in a really hard water area and had issues
    I think that's just me being too impatient to thin things properly :D

Not really a WIP, but there will be - I'll be joining The Pickle Jar on his 12 hour livestream from 3PM (2 hours from now) for my first ever painting livestream, painting up The Punisher from Crisis Protocol.

The Pickle Jar 12 Hour Livestream

20210403_003303.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    Originally posted by Brambleten View Post

Yep, tap water in the water pots, but separate pots for metals and regular acrylics.

I do throw various thinners and mediums in for mixing, but no de-ionised water here.
    Reason I ask is theres a chalky feel in places and this can be caused by the water. I used to use filtered water as I was in a really hard water area and had issues

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Progress has been fairly hit and miss on this current batch of Undead - slowly working through getting contrast paint on everything ahead of metals and varnish in the pre-oil stage.

20210331_205421.jpg

Shortly after this photo I discovered just how bright bright Tesseract Glow is! I did tone it down a little with some extra green, but if you need something to look like it's radioactive on the Simpsons, this might be the stuff you want.

20210331_215424.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Originally posted by Darklord View Post
    might seem a random question but do you use tapwater for your painting?
    Yep, tap water in the water pots, but separate pots for metals and regular acrylics.

I do throw various thinners and mediums in for mixing, but no de-ionised water here.

Leave a comment:

• Darklord
    replied
    might seem a random question but do you use tapwater for your painting?

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Whoops, I keep meaning to update here but always seem to get distracted by something else!

I've been on a bit of a Warploque binge recently, what with the Skeletons and then the Ourk Kickstarter that is currently ongoing.

I actually finished the Undead - and then started more!

20210321_165542-01.jpeg
    20210321_165607-01.jpeg

20210321_165345-01.jpeg

20210322_124512.jpg

I mentioned the Ourk Kickstarter - that going on gave me the enthusiasm to dig into the cupboard and find the pre-release Ourk Chieftain I have, so he got painted up as well!

Between the greens on the Undead Raiders and the Purple & Magenta on the Ourk, I'm impressed with the Greenstuff World Fluor pigments. So potent!

20210324_202458-01.jpeg
    20210324_202525-01.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Here's some actual progress - not just boxes!

I got a small batch of the Skeletons prepped and based, while also getting some of the Warploque Undead Raiders built to compare them to.

The first couple of stages have been done on them - drybrush layers, followed by some of the stronger tone contrast paints.

Next up will be some more drybrush highlights and the metalwork, after which it's varnish time and my first play with oils - if the Black I want arrives to go with the Burnt Umber I already have.

20210315_221634.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Brambleten
    replied
    Originally posted by aku.chan View Post
    Nice, I like his cape!
    Thanks! It started out as quite a natural green but I felt I needed to lean in to the bright Ultramarine colours some more so mixed up some Scale Color Green and Lime inks to wash over it, which made it so much more vibrant in a single layer.

Thanks to the way Annual Leave at work works, I had a few days left to take before the end of March, so I have next week off work. The posties apparently knew this, so over the last couple of days I've had 3 boxes of minis arrive!

The first is the new Inhumans releases for Crisis Protocol - everyone loves a giant teleporting doggo like Lockjaw!

20210311_133119.jpg

The second arrived at the same time, from Mr Lee's Minis. Kyle has a Warploque licence so has printed me up some skeletons, which I'll be looking at in a blog review at some point soon :)

20210311_133401.jpg

The final parcel was one I was expecting, but wasn't sure when I was expecting it as it's from a Kickstarter. I don't like how CMON run things, but this time the individual project ran out as the winner over their practices.

85 Chibi style Marvel minis scattered through these boxes :)

20210312_131246.jpg

Along with each mini comes a little deck of cards. In total, there are 1240 cards that need putting in sleeves...

This amount of minis in a short space of time has also put a dent back in my spreadsheet. I had wanted to keep above 6% completion, but these arrivals (about an extra 100 minis) pushed me back to 5.9%. I guess I'll have to get my brushes out next week and go about fixing that dent!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X