No announcement yet.

Ninja Goblin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you could take this as a compliment or insult so I apologies in advance it's meant as a compliment. I really like the buckle, being colourblind I obviously see it different to others but the highlighting looks right. So what does this mean - the shadings about right. Put that together with the other comments and your techniques right, but you might want to adjust the colours your using slightly. Know how my colourblindness works head towards the bluer end of the colour you're using

Comment

Very nice! Don't have much to offer in critiques aside from Liz's suggestion to transition the scar a bit--just a few thin glazes of green should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris
        Cheers, thanks. Orange and purple both in the palette :) I have put a little yellow on the highspots, but it doesn't show up yet, so I think the orange would probably work.

Do you think I should do the same to the red on the headscarf?
        Yes. Sorry about the late response but I had to work. Use it on all the red you will have on the mini.
        Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Cheers guys.

@Eldin, so up the blue on the buckle then?
          "Resin...I think I just threw up a little" - ARG
          I have not bought a miniature since Nov 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris
            Cheers guys.

@Eldin, so up the blue on the buckle then?
            Get responses from the others first as I am colourblind, but if they say it's purple and it looks good to me then the intensity/brightness is about right throughout but the suggestion is to change the tone. :)

Comment

gotcha

Comment

OK tonight has mostly been about ink on the leather - worked a treat that, some shading on the patterns, and really pushing myself on the red highlights, particulary the belt.

Comment

I'm diggin' it all the way. And might I compliment oyu on your tidy workbench!
                  "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
                  -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

Awesome...I thought this was a bust, not a whole model. Looking forward to seeing this progress all the more!

Comment

Originally posted by ScottRadom
                      I'm diggin' it all the way. And might I compliment oyu on your tidy workbench!
                      Urm, it's a mess at the moment! I like to have space when I paint, and my paints laid out in a semi circle, and my palette on one side...
                      You should see Jay's, there's no room for anything :D

Comment

Right now my painting desk is an absolute disaster area; need to clean it up or finish some of these projects or something.

This is really coming along nicely! That leather is looking absolutely fantastic.
                        To equate intelligence and wisdom with occupation is, at best, insulting.

Comment

My desk is usually covered in crap that has nothing to do with painting. It's also my computer desk and where I eat and do my bills.

The leather looks wonderful! I'm glad that tip helped. I think the red is coming out well. Push it just a bit more on the contrast (both hi and low) and then dirty up the edges a bit with some nasty brown stains. The tunic on the back is exceptional. Well done. The trim is doing better but think smelly under-arm stains. (it helps me to visualize things like that to paint them). Also loving the cracks on his heal in the back. The buckle looks so real! Well done on that. You're going to score really well on this one!
                          Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Thanks guys n gals. It's going to be a long week on the run up to Sunday when I take it to Crewe.
                            I still don't even have a base sorted...

Comment

looks great, nothing i could say would help on this. look forward to seeing it done. enjoy crewe and say hi to 55 walthall street for me will you!
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Got some more done last night -

Been pushing his face a little bit more - how's the pink looking now? Does it still need softening at the edges?

So here he is showing some work on the arm, and sword (clearly the pin is not yet cut to size!)
                                Sword is going to be NMM in same ish colours as the buckle, but maybe a bit purpler! (I added pink to the shadow grey) Still have the real bright highlights to add to it, and the paint was still a little wet, hence the photo!

Comment

Working...
                                X