Scott vs AoW Goblin Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott vs AoW Goblin Hero

Hey, I'm painting up this fig for my army. Cool model, and I am trying the purple wash tech out on the skin. Below are the pic's. I would call it the skin done but am happy for more tips.

I started with some catachan green equivalent with about 1/4 of hormagaunt purple. I brought the color up a little bit by doing two layers of the same mix brightened a couple times with VGC desert yellow. I then washed it with Thraka Green, Highlighted with the Catachan/Purple/Yellow mix then washed it with Liche Purple. Added a little bleached bone and washed it with the purple again. Highlighted again with straight desert yellow then added a little bleached bone to the mix and highlighted the nose/cheeks/thighs and veins on the left arm. Straight bleach bone onto the veins and the side of the face and legs that will catch the light.

Thoughts so far?

Feel free to rip into me. Remember that person that wouldn't go on a date with you? Pretend that's this fig and blaze away
    -Scott
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Sorry Scott but the pics are just too dark for me to be able to see properly.
    "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

just doing a greenskin myself using purple and catachan green and pruple (but a camo green base) so will be interesting to compare
      your pics are too dark though bud, but loks pretty smooth so far
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Yep, crap pics. I'll get some better ones but I might be finished the model by then. It' -43 ish right now so the less time I spend hopping out to the garage the better.

Comment

OK Scott. I agree about the pics. Can't comment until you have that sorted.

Is everything a competition with you? You vs a goblin? You're going to win you know. He's made of metal and the worst thing he can do is poke you in the foot with another bit of metal. Might cause an infection I suppose, but a good antibiotic would take care of that. And what would he get in return? Being melted into slag.
          Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

By the time I get the pic's sorted out I'll likely be done the model. I've got a light tent under the tree so that should help (I hope).

As for the Vs. thingy, I ripped it off shamelessy from the Tick.

Spooooon!

But yes everything is a competition. It keeps me sharp, on the edge, where I need to be (I love Serpico!).

Comment

Such a guy's guy. :lol:
              Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

The piccies do look a little on the dark side. I'm going to contadict Brett and say that some of the skin tones look a little thick. But that may be the pictures.

Comment

Working...
                X