Scott vs The MaxMini Dwarf Hero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could put stuff together too :cry:

I think I'll go home early today, so I better get some stuff done here :) See you in a little bit internet, I'll miss you.

Comment

Alright, so I washed down the mini, twice with black and once with thinned blue. Ta-daaaa

So far it looks okay. Now to contrast it up. The area I picked to highlight I gave about 2 thin coats of chainmail and about the same of mithril silver. Then I black washed down the shaded areas to try for that contrast thingy....

So that's where I am at. I might leave it for a day or so to pool and ideas/advice then tackle the alternate colors of brass/gold for the sections of the armor to be done that way. Or I might steamroller through and hop efor the best. Thanks to everyone so far.
      "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
      -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

He's looking good. Would be nice with a bit better pics but oh well.

Erm..........I don't even own a space marine. Never have. Don't understand them. What's with the big chunky armor and how do they move in that stuff? Give me a naked chick or a fantasy dwarf and I'm happy. Even an ogre or an orc will do me.
        Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Originally posted by lizcam
          Give me a naked chick.
          Girl after me own heart :twisted:

Comment

- Give me a naked chick.

- Even an ogre or an orc will do me.
            Do you by any chance play live roleplay Liz?

I think your mini is comming along nicely Scott, looking forward to see a bit of color on it to give us some contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by Manus
              - Give me a naked chick.

- Even an ogre or an orc will do me.
              Do you by any chance play live roleplay Liz?
              Do you really want to know the answer to that???
              "...but sorry looks like a primary school project!" - my best review yet! :thumbsup:

Comment

You could be right on that one - could be interesting to know what character type she plays though.

Comment

i bet it doesnt involve roger dressing up as a dwarf and rolling 2d6
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord
                    i bet it doesnt involve roger dressing up as a dwarf and rolling 2d6
                    Ignorant! Larpers use "Rock-Paper-Scissors" to determine the outcome of their duels.

I don't get Larping.

Comment

Okay so I tried to work the highlights on the steel areas a little more. I think they're a step forwad. I also did the goldish trim. After looking at the pics I thought they were still pretty flat so i went over a few places with some gold/mithril silver to try and enhance ye olde contrast. Don't think it worked that well.

So this rough pic is the fig sans the last highlight area of gold/silver mix I did. Next one'll be better, but I am going to move forward on this fig.
                      I finished of the shield. It's the same blue as the rest of the army.

Now I gotta get the cloak, beard, and small details started.

Comment

looks really good. I like the color blue you chose
                        Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Shields look good mate. Think the metalics still need a little work though!

Comment

Working...
                          X