FIMO soft!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIMO soft!

OK - I got some FIMO soft the other day, and it seems to be rather awesome.

So here is a WIP. I don't care if the proportions look wrong as it's gonna be non-human fantasy. But musculature guidance would be appreciated :)

Don't sculpt much myself. Dan and Roger are the artists (that I know of). I know Roger took life drawing so might be able to help you more. Isn't someone on here in the medical field? They should know about muscles and stuff.
    Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Well it's just the... Positioning(?) and shape of the muscles in general really.

Ie. How much the quadriceps and calves should bulge or stretch depending on the extension of the leg etc etc

Comment

manus is a doctor i think. have you tried standing in front of a mirror, copy the pose and you should have an idea.
        the arm looks a little long but if you dont care then neither do i!
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

I'd say you should reemember a couple of things and that would take you a long way.
          1. muscles always cross a joint - I know it sounds pretty obvious, but have a look at a lot of muscle-knowledge-challenged peoples scuplts and you'll see a lot of muscle just there for the look.
          2. Muscle doesn't bulge that much when used in a "normal" manner - like bending arm or walking, but when working against great force, or of cause if you're sickly over
          arnoldish trained.

I think a horse hind leg would be good to have a closer look at for reference for the legs of your sculpt.

If you have more specific questions just shoot away mate.

Comment

Help appreciated - particularly the head :)

I've still got bulkin on the arms and fleshin areas of the torso to do, but any comments appreciated...

Cheers :)

Comment

Sculpting is not my thing so wait for other comments but here is what I think....

The face looks like it needs to be longer imo
              Yes the arms (and legs?) need bulking out
              And the bum needs rounding.

It's a good start - and much better than I can do - you might want to contact our new member now what was his name - hold on...

Bodhi, he's more of a sculptor than a painter :)

Comment

I think it's missing some tension on the skin where it is stretched over bone, such as at the elbows. It's nearly there, and it pretty much is there on the knees. Other than that it's coming along nicely.
                The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

It's a nice well balanced pose.

The squares on the thighs? What are they for? some sort of armor/clothing?

Legs: If you're going for dog or horsselegs you'd need to make strongly exaggerated Achilles tendons. Canine legs would have the "thumb" - if that's not stretching the analogy to far - where the heel of your figure is.

It's hard to comment on the face as I'm not sure what your plans for it are.
                  Deltoid muscles need some bulking out and the backmuscles could do with more work.

I'll get back in more detail once I have an anatomy book in front of me. If you'd want me to. It's to late now.

Looks like a nice start of a figure.

Comment

It's a nice well balanced pose.
                    Ta :)

The squares on the thighs? What are they for? some sort of armor/clothing?
                    Yeah - gonna be thigh pads

Legs: If you're going for dog or horselegs you'd need to make strongly exaggerated Achilles tendons. Canine legs would have the "thumb" - if that's not stretching the analogy to far - where the heel of your figure is.
                    Yeah, I know about the digits ta - but I'll see what I can do about accentuating the achilles - do the "hooves" look ok?

It's hard to comment on the face as I'm not sure what your plans for it are.
                    I'm going for the sort of goat-like face - I would have liked to have done the face more angry and snarling, but I think that's beyond me at the moment :(

Deltoid muscles need some bulking out and the back muscles could do with more work.
                    Deltoids... That would be the muscles around the scapula (Shoulder bones) and the rest of the back I'd appreciate some tips on[/quote]

I'll get back in more detail once I have an anatomy book in front of me. If you'd want me to. It's to late now. Looks like a nice start of a figure.
                    Yes please - much appreciated :D

Of course, eventually a lot of these areas can be disguised or completely covered with armour and clothing etc, but I still wanna be able to do them right anyway :P

Comment

Working...
                    X