Scott vs EldinTux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allright, now we're talking!

Will do, I may have a little time tonight.
    "Who needs weights? Animals don't lift weights, and animals are STRONG!"
    -Chuck "the Truck" Wallace

Comment

come on guys, we want an update.
      Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Gimme a break I only had last night! I can likely do some more work and act on the suggestions tomorrow afternoon. I'm calling it quits on Monday though as I got an awesome order fo figs arriving, and who wants to work on old stuff with new stuff coming in!

So I should have finished/quiter style pics up tomorrow night.

Comment

And I'm not at home. I haven't touched it in the last 3 days! I'll be back on Monday so should have something by Tues :)

Comment

slackers!! i shal be starting mine after christmas i think if ps3 allows!!
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

OK, I know I haven't been posting in here, but I've been sorting out the new forum. - My excuse and I'm sticking to it. So I intend getting back to the figure tomorrow I should have a new WiP up tomorrow, then Scott will be blown away by his competition. ;)

Comment

OK I promised a WiP of my knight, so here it is. I've now finished the legs, started & restarted the shield and have left the undercoat on the breast & bck plates to show that I am trying to use Liz's technique for metals.

Comment

Wow, that looks great. Since I struggle with metals so much I can really appreciate what you've done here. 3rd spot should be as good as yours when you get that finished up!

I tried Liz's tech on the breastplate on my entry..... I don't think I did it right. After I finished applying the basecoats of my boltgun metal, even in several very thin layers, it just overpowered the grey and white I had put down on the base.

Anyway well done, look forward to seeing this finished!

Comment

I have to admit that I don't think I got the transitions in the greys smooth enough, so my metallics ended up being undercoated with the graduations but with a lot of shading & highlighting on top.

Well finished the torso & shield tonight. Need to get the arms & helmet done tomorrow, then the wooden base on Saturday as I intend to wrap it Saturday night. It means rushing it a little, but it should be alright.

As to winning 3rd spot, I'm not so sure, you've done a great job on your rider, I think it's too close to call.

Comment

Make the transitions on the blacks and whites underneith stronger. They have to really show up in order not to be over-powered. Almost cartoon-like. Dead black in the low points and bright white on the high. Then when you go over the top it will help you keep from adding so much paint over the top.
                      Keeper quote: "I've got 10 inches, here!!"

Comment

Thanks Liz. I'll probably not bother now, as I need to get this one done. But I have some other figures here I could try it out on I definitely want to get this technique nailed.

Comment

Another WiP and I think I've cracked the undercoating technique. The helmet was done using it and I use about half the metallic paint I would normally. The shouldr pads have been undercoated ready too.

Comment

Working...
                          X