Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Inharmonious" - Chinese human rights diorama

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    a bicycle?

    or a motorway?

    Sounds daft but found this while googling chinese house images for you



    A four-lane highway has been built around a solitary apartment block in China after residents refused to sign an agreement to allow their home to be demolished.

    They said that the compensation offered was not enough to cover rebuilding costs, according to local media.

    Their house is the only building left standing on the road, which was paved through their village Xiazhangyang near Wenling in Zhejiang province.

    Thousands of cars will soon be speeding past the building every day on their way to the railway station in Wenling, a metropolis of

    Stubborn families said they could open up a shop for business.

    Resident Zhang Ling, 46, told the Mirror: “They didn’t offer us enough compensation to leave so we’re staying. It could be a good opportunity for us. We could open up a drive through shop on the ground floor.
    Shop at the Wampstore

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks, Iacton!

      OK, so I replaced the too-big rat with a pile of newspapers, a bucket, and a couple crumpled pieces of paper. You can see my oops! on the wall there. Plus I fixed the stairs, and need to repaint them. I plan to add some graffiti to the walls in the alleyway as well.



      Here's a closeup:



      And here are the kids:

      MamaGeekMinis.com
      "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

      Comment


      • #18
        I was home sick with a cold, so I finished up the diorama. I plan to do tweaks, nitpicks, etc., so have at it, tell me what needs fixing. I'd like to add a railing to the top of the stair landing, but I don't know what to make it out of that I have at hand. I'm entering this in a show on Saturday, along with several other pieces, including St. Patrick, which I also need to finish this week, so I don't have a lot of time.

        Here's what all the symbols mean:

        Door Number:
        9413: "九死一生" (gau2 sei2 yat1 saang1 in Cantonese) nine die to one live, meaning 90% chance of being dead and only 10% chance of being alive, or survived from such situations (a narrow escape).

        Wall Art:
        Literally: the Changjiang River waves behind drive the waves ahead.
        Meaning: Each new generation excels the last one.

        Graffiti:
        River Crab - internet slang for censorship
        Text - "Inharmonious"

        Book Cover:
        Falun Dafa emblem - symbol of the banned Chinese religion Falun Gong





        MamaGeekMinis.com
        "All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle." -St. Francis

        Comment

        Working...
        X