Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vegascat's ongoing WiPs - Roll the bones!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he looks great. You can tell the time was spent on the robes, but the satchel and straps look good too. The face is fine, but obviously could use a little more time. But for 90 minutes, it turned out really well.
    Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Comment

• Thanks! It was fun, even with me initially planning out my colors, it was still a wild ride! :D He's gotten a pretty warm reception over at the Reaper forums as well. You can pass on to your friend that they're going to add The 90 Minute Challenge to the list of unofficial challenges there. It seems to have inspired folks to want to give it a go.
      Miniatures painted in 2015: 21

I've Been Wagged! http://www.wamp-forum.com/VB4/showth...844#post158844

Comment

• The robes look great. I said the same thing as you in feeling that the challenge minis look like something we might have been happy with a couple of years back.

I think the trick is to, now that you've completed the challenge, have a look at what you did, where you think it needs improving and what techniques/recipes you think you can shorten to fit into the time.
        The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

• Originally posted by vegascat View Post
          You can pass on to your friend that they're going to add The 90 Minute Challenge to the list of unofficial challenges there
          Consider it passed on!

Comment

• Oh, and good effort on the Necromancer!

I suspect (or hope at least ;-) ) that with a few attempts at this, we start managing all sorts of tricks to get mini's done faster, and we'll slowly leave the "good for 90 minutes" realm and start going to just plain "good" as we get to grips with how to make the most of those 90 minutes!

Comment

• Woot! Welcome to the madhouse! We're a small group, but all great folks. :) I'm hoping to do the 90 minute challenge at least once a month. Also, a hair dryer came in very handy!

Comment

• I really need to be posting here more.

Good stuff on the necromancer vegas:)
                The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

• Its really great to see you again! Thank you! I'd love to see you get back into the groove.

Comment

• Originally posted by vegascat View Post
                    Its really great to see you again! Thank you! I'd love to see you get back into the groove.
                    Got a few things done off and on, not quite in the grove fully. Will get the old camera out and see about posting some updates (hopefully.)
                    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
                    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
                    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
                    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

• I finished my current semester of school a few weeks ago and wanted to ease back into painting with something simple and something from my shelf of shame. I'm not real pleased with the highlights on the cloak, overall I'm happy with him as he ended up in a nice muted tone. Feedback welcome and wanted.

Attached Files
                      vegascat
                      Destroyer of Ladders
                      Last edited by vegascat; 21-05-2017, 03:24 am.

Comment

• highlights (final) could have been a bit smoother, but overall I like it. nice, simple mini! good job
                        The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

• Thanks! Yeah, totally could have been smoother and I was super tempted to "fix" them, but that wasn't the point of this model, it was just to get the painting muscles an easy workout. I'm working on another skeleton (again, from my shelf of shame) and this one will hopefully look better.

Comment

• This model is from my shelf of shame and I've been working on it lately, but decided to scratchbuild a base for it out of plastic model tanker parts. The base still needs some edge highlighting and there's some cleanup on the yellow on the model itself, but is there anything else you guys think would make it better/more interesting?
                            _20170730_152837.jpg

Comment

• That base is great, you've done a good job there.

Suggestions for things to improve - add a little reflection dot on the gems. Another highlight on the armour details (i.e. the skulls and chalices) to make them distinct from the base colour of the armour. Block in the helmet lenses with a dull colour to indicate it's powered down.
                              Nerodine (blog, WIP thread)

Comment

• edge highlight the yellow armour. i might be tempted to darken/grime up the red cansiters on the base as they are pulling my eye away from the model itself
                                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                                X