No announcement yet.

Ark Mechanicus WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do get some hand pain though, so I'm interested in other options. Planning to try the Citadel one but seems like it really wants a based mini in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkMechanicus View Post
      I do get some hand pain though, so I'm interested in other options. Planning to try the Citadel one but seems like it really wants a based mini in it.
      Well I stock the Rathcore holders in the Wampstore. The original and in my mind best holders (theres even 15% off right now for Newsletter subscribers )

rc-201030~4.jpg

Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Work has been totally kicking my ass for the last couple of weeks so painting has ground to a halt. That and I'm a bit fatigued on painting sisters I think. I'm really keen to paint something else for a bit, but I'd like to at least finish what's on the table right now before I do that. It's like wading through mud though and I'm taking shortcuts because I want to be done which isn't ideal (though this is only supposed to be a small gaming army for some games with friends after lockdown ends).

image_29897.jpg

Those two down below are mostly competed so I'll hopefully get them done in the next week.

I did initially go down the NMM route on the wings but I painted over it with metallics in the end after the first model because I couldn't face doing it on a whole unit!

PXL_20210220_105558027.jpg
        ​​​​​​
        Last edited by ArkMechanicus; 28-02-2021, 04:10 am.

Comment

• Finished these three up this week, not great but just wanted them done!
          PXL_20210306_095142783.jpg

Also started back on something I've had on the shelf for two years as a break from the sisters..
          PXL_20210306_082433185.jpg PXL_20210305_071720538.MP~2.jpg
          Last edited by ArkMechanicus; 06-03-2021, 09:02 am. Reason: Fixed images

Comment

• nice work. Id be tempted to push the edge highlights on those wings though. To me they are a framing element so want a stronger visual? Feel free to ignore!
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Originally posted by Darklord View Post
              nice work. Id be tempted to push the edge highlights on those wings though. To me they are a framing element so want a stronger visual? Feel free to ignore!
              Yeah I think that's a good idea, thanks. I need to get some better mettalic paint I think, that's the brightest one I've got already. I'll try adding some white and see how we go.

Made some more positive progress on Haldor this week:

original_ca79ab61-4f74-4a35-bdb5-781f90d20fda_PXL_20210313_114321505.jpg

PXL_20210313_114302341.MP.jpg

Comment

• If you need a bright silver, I'm a big fan of Vallejo Metal Colour Aluminium - it's basically old Mithril Silver in colour. If you need anything brighter than that, I'd possibly look at adding a little of the Scale Color white alchemy paint that I've forgotten the name of.

Really liking the warm tones across the Sisters, and that shine on the Space Wolf is coming along nicely
                The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

• what I sometimes do for metallics is get some Vallejo Metalic medium and create my own metals. Its basically the base stuff for vallejo metals so you just add a little colour to the mix to create as bright as you like.

and yes I can get some in store for you!
                  Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Ha, thanks both. I was wondering about trying some of the Scale75 paints. Either of you tried those?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArkMechanicus View Post
                      Ha, thanks both. I was wondering about trying some of the Scale75 paints. Either of you tried those?
                      I have mainly Vallejo paints but a couple of ScaleColor and they are fine.

In the store I have Vallejo and Scalecolor and the Scalecolor outsells the Vallejo. The metals especially

heres a link if you need any!

Scalecolor Paints

Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

• Originally posted by Darklord View Post

I have mainly Vallejo paints but a couple of ScaleColor and they are fine.

In the store I have Vallejo and Scalecolor and the Scalecolor outsells the Vallejo. The metals especially

heres a link if you need any!

Scalecolor Paints

Thanks DL, yeah I'm considering getting a bunch, i'll let you know.

Comment

• Calling this little wolf done, my first painted primaris model, nice to feel like I'm getting back into the swing of things a bit at least..
                          PXL_20210327_123857412.jpg
                          PXL_20210327_123911130.jpg
                          PXL_20210327_123918699_2.jpg

Comment

• That wolf is looking good!

I've got a fair chunk of S75 from across most of their ranges (don't have any of the military stuff).

The Fantasy & Game are a lot easier to work with than the regular line, which has the heavy gel medium that can be irritating to mix properly.

The inks are great - very potent - and the metals have strong colours with better coverage than most. I still use Vallejo Metal Colour for my metallic base layers as the coverage is better in a thinner layer, but often go to S75 for the tones and actual colours I want.
                            The Chilling Network - home of #nonstopwargaming :)

Comment

Working...
                            X