Cleaning a cutting mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning a cutting mat

I have a self healing cutting mat thats getting a bit grimey with spilt paint, superglue milliput etc and wondered if there is an easy way to clean it ?
    Shop at the Wampstore

Dunno, If you find one let me know.

Is it as bad as mine?

IMAG0214.jpg
    Last edited by War Griffon; 10-05-2011, 04:11 pm.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can clean those mats with just about anything. Soft Scrub bleach cleaner for the bathroom, alcohol, etc. My dad had one at work (he owned a printing company) that he got ink on all the time- he'd just clean it with MEK and keep working.

For those who care to know MEK is a really powerful cleaning agent that used to be used by printers- it worked too good so there was obviously something dangerous in it and it eventually got pulled. Stuff stank a little and could get you high as a kite, as I found out when my dad set me to scubbing all the floors of the printing area by hand with the stuff.
      http://www.stonetowerminiatures.com/.../ST_banner.gif

This Writer's Journey

If wishes were fished we'd all cast nets. - Gurney Halleck

Comment

Why would you want to clean it I think it adds to the character

I give mine a wipe with a damp cloth now and then but that's only to remove the dust and pigments
        "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

A metal scraper and an industrial cleaning agent works for me, but the cuts in the mat will still remain.

Comment

I use a layer of paper over mine when painting or gluing on it so it stays cleaner, whoops hadn't realised how sad that was until now.

Comment

It might end up more expensive to clean than buying a new one, they aren't usually that pricey.
              "We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - UK military spokesman Major Mike Shearer
              "I think they should all be topless, they're just more fun that way" - Vegascat
              "I once hit a guy in the face with a crap" - NeatPete
              "The doctor put me on a course of placebos," said the lady in the straw hat. "But I don't take them. I'm saving them all up for a mock suicide attempt."
              "Unleash a rancid potpourri of lunacy!" - Games Workshop Website.
              "I used to be Sheogorath but I took an arrow to the knee."

Comment

Working...
              X