Arwen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arwen

Hey everyone. Here's my GW Arwen. Critique away. I'll start. I think the surroundings need a bit more highlights.
    DSCN2637.jpg
    Last edited by Wendy; 04-10-2012, 07:30 pm.

Actually the base is fine, it's not so overly done that it detracts from the mini itself. It's the plinth itself which I find distracting. Mind you, overall it's a great paintjob.

Also, if you want to inbed the image into your post directly:

Edit your post, and click "manage attachments."

Drag the image you want attached into the area where it says to drag the image into. If its allready there skip this step.

Click the bottom left checkbox (If you did it right it should put a checkbox into any and all pictures you want inbeded) and click "enbed inline." Don't click the image checkbox directly, last time I checked this didn't work.

Double click your image to change the size.
    Last edited by Spectral Dragon; 04-10-2012, 05:55 pm.
    The WAMP Wiki - A community driven repository aimed at the whole miniature painting community. Contributions can be made directly in the Wiki or by contacting the admin team here .
    Full Metal Dragon - A miniature/wargame/RPG/general entertainment business.
    My WIP Thread with a little bit of everything in it.
    Mini's painted in 2014: 0 / In progress - 5 (2 gaming mini's, 3 display mini's)

Comment

It not you, its GW... The sculpt, and a good lot of LotR sculpts from GW, are pretty boring, in my opinion that is... You though are a great painter and I really like all the base work. are those real rocks?
      Dan

Comment

Great job!
        The best thing my mates & I have done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWG9MFQ6Tcs

Me on Putty&Paint

Comment

I love it, looks like a mini Liv Tyler too.
          "Keep your brush wet and our humour dry." :cheeky:

Comment

I can't criticise it - it's the best Arwen/Liv Tyler I've seen
            "I lOVE your attitude Wag - painting for the hell of it, because you want to - one of the best things I did was invite you over here as to me you invoke the wamp spirit perfectly." - thankyou DL !

"...you've done things with Blood Bowl Orcs that I wouldn't have thought possible. Certainly wouldn't have thought they were sensible!..." - Lobo, Iron Painter 8 competition

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by Spectral Dragon View Post
              Actually the base is fine, it's not so overly done that it detracts from the mini itself. It's the plinth itself which I find distracting. Mind you, overall it's a great paintjob.
              Oh, I didn't mean anything too garish...just a wee brightening up here and there. It's the kind of thing that a couple months down the road I look at it and think 'I should have done...", which always happens. Of course once I'm done, I hate to revisit a mini so I chalk it up as a learning experience.

And thanks for the attachments tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Chang1701 View Post
                are those real rocks?
                Oops, missed this one. Yeah, they are real rocks. It's easier than making them and rocks for that scale don't weigh that much.

Comment

Working...
                X