Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ar-Fienel for McVey comp

Hi all,

Well, I've run out of time as the comp ends tomorrow before I get home from work. Thanks to the PB guys for some advice along the way.

I've found it a real challenge to paint her because it was very difficult to get Ali's version out of my head. I hope I've managed to put enough of my own stamp on the model in the end.

I hope you like her. Comments welcome :)

Very nice Sue, although for my taste the green on the lower areas is a bit bright for for me, I really like the skin tones though
    "women are like minis - both are expensive hobbies, there's always better looking ones on the internet, many dont look so good with age. Only difference is minis are easier to strip" - Darklord

"If you love something set it free. If it loves you it will come back for revenge" - From the Reaper Dark Maiden box.

Comment

Think she looks lovely Sue, and the hair's ended up great too. Only crit I'd go on about - and I guess it's something to look at after the comp - is the base, which seems a little bit 'flat' compared to the rest of it. A touch of various weathering powders (well, pastels) would give it a nice aged look I reckon and really finish it all off perfectly.

However, it's a great piece :)
      JOEK MINIS
      CMON GALLERY

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. If anyone is interested then here's the cmon linky:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/274842

Comment

I love the colour of the dress and the piece as a whole. I agree the base does look a little flat in places. Purple or green glazing would be my choice but then I use that on everything at the moment!!
          It's a strong contender thats for sure.

Also I like the colours you get for your flesh in your recent minis. Would love a tutorial or something about that? :07:
          Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Great work! Really like it.
            http://noddwyr.wordpress.com/

The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference. He acquired his size from too much pi.
            Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Comment

Amazing!!! I love that green, it's so incredibly vibrant. I love the colour choices and great work on those details.
              MaGie Miniature Painting Blog
              MaGie Facebook page :)

Comment

very floral! very well painted in all aspects. top class mini.

Comment

Wonderful work. Congrats on the CMON score! (8.9 when I checked)
                  Blog: Mini Mayhem - The Blog!

Comment

Very nice!! I love it. Every little bit of it. Would love a pic of the hair from behind though. really love that part of the mini.

Comment

Just perfectly beautiful!

Comment

Love the painting on this. I really like the vibrant greens and the fleshtones.
                        The eyes!, the EYES!!

...tapping fingers impatiently...

Comment

Thanks for the very kind feedback guys.

@ Brett- I'm sure that I could attempt a sbs. I do quite a lot of toing and froing now that I use a wet pallette and so my painting is slightly more random/flowing than it used to be, but I can definitely try my best to make a sbs that people will be able to follow :)

Won't do one for this mini as don't have pics as I'm going along. But I will definitely attempt one the next time that I do start some female flesh on a mini (probably post Salute).

Comment

The best Ar-Fienel I ever saw! Really cool!
                            Nothing is impossible
                            Nothing is unreachable

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                              @ Brett- I'm sure that I could attempt a sbs. I do quite a lot of toing and froing now that I use a wet pallette and so my painting is slightly more random/flowing than it used to be, but I can definitely try my best to make a sbs that people will be able to follow :)
                              That would be cool Sue.
                              Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Working...
                              X