Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pulp City] Guerilla

Hi guys,

with the kickstarter finished, I had the motivation to finish my first PC miniature. It is my first try on NMM, so a lot to improve. Here are some pics:

Looks great man!

Comment

Not bad at all!

Comment

great work, full of atitude. Excellent attempt for a first go at NMM. I think you have the basics down which is the hard part. I would maybe look to add more contrast now, shading with black and maybe pushing the extreme highlights a little more.

Keep up the good work!
        Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Looking at the pictures a second time, I feel that the world needs more anthropomorphic gorilla minis!

A thought comes to my mind... from another thread, I have kind of a still outstanding goal of trying to sculpt something in 15mm... could this be... a gorilla?

Comment

why 15mm?
            Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Well, first of all, at the beginning of the year, I had the feeling that this would become my Year of 15mm™. I had decided to do a Renaissance army für gaming in 15mm. I also have been interested for about a year in trying SF in 15mm.
              Then, in the thread First sculpt - Skaven Warlord on Great Pox Rat, I was hooked by Jona showing his (first, IIRC) attempt on sculpting 15mm... an idea I did fancy for a while, too.

To sum it up, everything seems to point to 15mm...

Comment

2014 is the year of 35mm!!

I dont know if 15mm would be easier or harder to sculpt than say a 30mm?
                Shop at the Wampstore

Comment

Originally posted by Darklord View Post
                  2014 is the year of 35mm!!
                  No way! :eeeew!:

I dont know if 15mm would be easier or harder to sculpt than say a 30mm?
                  I guess with 15mm one can focus more on the overall proportions and posture and rather disregard textures.
                  But that's merely guessing...

Comment

From my single experience sculpting in 15mm (and my almost non-existant experience sculpting in general), I'd say that this is only partially true. The problem with 15mm is that if you can't get your blends and surfaces as smooth as they should be (as is the case for me), you're getting a lot of unwanted texture that is very prominent, as it's basically twice as large as in a 30mm or thereabouts (not entirely true I guess, as different scales demand different proportions and detailing). Due to this, my next project probably will be around 30mm again, to really work on fine details and above all, smooth surfaces. Regardless of the scale you pick, just go for it.

Back on topic: quite a well-painted miniature, and I really like your idea for the base. The NMM is, especially for a first try, quite convincing, especially the smaller areas (the large flat surfaces seem to need a slightly better blend and brighter highlights). Great work! Are you doing more Pulp City miniatures?
                    Things I'm working on: Sculpting, Puppet Wars Unstitched, Sapo

Comment

Working...
                    X